2017 Alternate Uniforms

2017 Alternate Uniforms  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, what's everyone's take on being a (so-called) adult and wearing a jersey to a game? With the no named jerseys nowadayd, this seems like an acceptable alternative to not wearing a shirt with a teenager's name on your back or getting a no name, generic kit.

I think jerseys should be saved for kids (preferably 18 and under, but it might be acceptable for those still in college). Anything beyond that, it gets weird. You're a grown adult. You aren't going out there on that field. The jerseys are ill-fitting and not a good look.

I will make an exception in the adult ruling for the tighter fitting, women-cut jerseys that look great on fit ladies. Nothing against big women, but if you want to wear a men's cut jersey, stay at home.

Since Adidas went to the tire tread jerseys, the replicas actually fit really well. The ones I've bought all fit like any of my t-shirts.

I'm glad to see that Adidas isn't making Nebraska wear a horrible alternate uniform this year. Looks good.

Too bad you don't play Michigan this year so both schools could celebrate each other's 1/2 MNC together. ;)

You're a guest here so I'll take this in stride, but be aware: There's more than ample evidence to show that Nebraska was more deserving of that trophy than Michigan.

Nebraska fought through four conferences worth of contenders to win their championship. Michigan won the Big Ten/Pac-10 intramural trophy.

Nebraska needed a fluke play against Missouri to stay undefeated - but there's video evidence that it was a legit play. There's video evidence that Washington State was screwed out of a chance to win the Rose Bowl at the end of regulation.

Nebraska was part of the Bowl Coalition and ready to play any team they put in front of them for that title. Michigan (as part of the Big Ten) wasn't, and wasn't willing to play anyone other than the weak Pac-10's survivor. If Nebraska could have played Michigan they would have. If Michigan could have played Nebraska, they'd have figured a way out of it.

Legit: If 1997 Michigan plays 1997 Nebraska on a neutral field - hell, even the Rose Bowl - Nebraska wins by minimum two TDs. Not exaggerating one bit.

• Fire 5

I'm glad to see that Adidas isn't making Nebraska wear a horrible alternate uniform this year. Looks good.

Too bad you don't play Michigan this year so both schools could celebrate each other's 1/2 MNC together. ;)

You're a guest here so I'll take this in stride, but be aware: There's more than ample evidence to show that Nebraska was more deserving of that trophy than Michigan.

Nebraska fought through four conferences worth of contenders to win their championship. Michigan won the Big Ten/Pac-10 intramural trophy.

Nebraska needed a fluke play against Missouri to stay undefeated - but there's video evidence that it was a legit play. There's video evidence that Washington State was screwed out of a chance to win the Rose Bowl at the end of regulation.

Nebraska was part of the Bowl Coalition and ready to play any team they put in front of them for that title. Michigan (as part of the Big Ten) wasn't, and wasn't willing to play anyone other than the weak Pac-10's survivor. If Nebraska could have played Michigan they would have. If Michigan could have played Nebraska, they'd have figured a way out of it.

Legit: If 1997 Michigan plays 1997 Nebraska on a neutral field - hell, even the Rose Bowl - Nebraska wins by minimum two TDs. Not exaggerating one bit.

Truth. And only 2 touchdowns is being generous to Michigan.

• Fire 1

So, what's everyone's take on being a (so-called) adult and wearing a jersey to a game? With the no named jerseys nowadayd, this seems like an acceptable alternative to not wearing a shirt with a teenager's name on your back or getting a no name, generic kit.

I don't quite get the hate for jerseys.

I'm 30, and ill still wear a jersey everytime I go to a game(or frankly every game day no matter my location)

I'm fine with Nebraska fans saying they were a better team than Michigan that year. However, Michigan is way too full of themselves to pass up an opportunity to play for an outright NC. If they could have played Nebraska in the Rose Bowl for a NC in 97, they would have.

I think we can all agree that we are thankful that we don't live under that old system anymore.

Edit: oh, and I put the winking face in my original post because I was just joking. I don't care if Michigan or Nebraska won the NC that year. Sometimes it is fun just to push some buttons.

• Fire 1

I'm only one woman, so that's not a big enough sample size, but

I think jerseys look ridiculous on guys. And the more baggy the worse they are. It also makes me think they hero-worship an 18-22 year old. They are cute on boys and girls and the tighter fitting ones look fine on women. Maybe if they made fitted jerseys for men those would look better. But I'm not a huge fan of the coaching polos either. Makes me think they hero-worship the coaches :P

T-shirts are the ideal gameday clothing for guys, imo. Not trying to look too smart or serious by wearing a polo, not looking like a kid by wearing a jersey.

I don't quite get the hate for jerseys.

I'm 30, and ill still wear a jersey everytime I go to a game(or frankly every game day no matter my location)

I've never gotten the hate, either. It's a piece of team apparel, designed to show support. Some people just need to get off their own lawns.

• Fire 3

I'm only one woman, so that's not a big enough sample size, but

I think jerseys look ridiculous on guys. And the more baggy the worse they are. It also makes me think they hero-worship an 18-22 year old. They are cute on boys and girls and the tighter fitting ones look fine on women. Maybe if they made fitted jerseys for men those would look better. But I'm not a huge fan of the coaching polos either. Makes me think they hero-worship the coaches :P

T-shirts are the ideal gameday clothing for guys, imo. Not trying to look too smart or serious by wearing a polo, not looking like a kid by wearing a jersey.

Wow, me and you agree 100% on an issue for once. I have a couple NU polos that I will wear to work on the Friday before the game, but I rarely wear them on game days. For game days, it's a t-shirt or sweatshirt.