2017 Alternate Uniforms

2017 Alternate Uniforms  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it would be cool if on the helmets the defense had the skull n bones and the offence had gorillas.

is that allowed? It would be cool and I've never heard of having 2 slightly different helmets being against the rules, though I'm not sure it's ever been done

I think it would be cool if on the helmets the defense had the skull n bones and the offence had gorillas.

is that allowed? It would be cool and I've never heard of having 2 slightly different helmets being against the rules, though I'm not sure it's ever been done

Navy had seven different helmets last year.

Each specific ship corresponds to a set group of player positions, with a rationale for each (some better than others, sure).

• Linebacker: Cruiser- Provides anti-air defense and packs the biggest punch of Naval surface ships representative of the linebackers on the Navy football team

• Defensive Back: Destroyer- Known for significant fire power, speed, and anti-missile defense as are Navy's defensive backs

• Wide Receiver: Submarine- Predominantly utilized as blockers, wide receivers play a key role in driving the Navy rush attack, taking on a stealth-like persona as they blend into the rhythm of the offense but bring significant fire power when called upon, just like a Naval submarine

• Lineman: Amphibious Assault Ships- Just as a lineman's job is the create a hole for a running back or linebacker, these ships are utilized to establish the "beach head" that enables the invading force to gain access and ultimately accomplish their objective

• Quarterback: Aircraft Carrier- The QB of the Naval Fleet, the aircraft carrier is the ultimate decision maker; the "quick strike" weapon of the Naval fleet

• Running Back: Littoral Combat Ship- Like running backs, these fast and nimble ships can navigate through both crowded shallow and deep waters

• Kicker/Special Teams: Minesweeper- Much like the specific task of the Navy special teams, this small ship has a unique mission of identifying and eliminating mines

Navy had seven different helmets last year.

Each specific ship corresponds to a set group of player positions, with a rationale for each (some better than others, sure).

Linebacker: Cruiser- Provides anti-air defense and packs the biggest punch of Naval surface ships representative of the linebackers on the Navy football team

Defensive Back: Destroyer- Known for significant fire power, speed, and anti-missile defense as are Navy's defensive backs

Wide Receiver: Submarine- Predominantly utilized as blockers, wide receivers play a key role in driving the Navy rush attack, taking on a stealth-like persona as they blend into the rhythm of the offense but bring significant fire power when called upon, just like a Naval submarine

Lineman: Amphibious Assault Ships- Just as a lineman's job is the create a hole for a running back or linebacker, these ships are utilized to establish the "beach head" that enables the invading force to gain access and ultimately accomplish their objective

Quarterback: Aircraft Carrier- The QB of the Naval Fleet, the aircraft carrier is the ultimate decision maker; the "quick strike" weapon of the Naval fleet

Running Back: Littoral Combat Ship- Like running backs, these fast and nimble ships can navigate through both crowded shallow and deep waters

Kicker/Special Teams: Minesweeper- Much like the specific task of the Navy special teams, this small ship has a unique mission of identifying and eliminating mines

wow!! That's awesome! Thanks for the info Mav!

We should definitely look into this idea, I think it would be cool and I think recruits would really love it.

AYA151024005_Northwestern_at_Nebraska.jp

57e72acf4c948.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C87

The last two alternates have been my favorites by far. Here's hoping they don't stray too far from these designs.

The only other option I'd be open to is the retro/modified classic uniforms like we did in 2009 for the 300th sellout.

Also, you guys need to really stop trying to make the corncob or the leather-looking helmet happen. It's not going to happen.

YES!!!!!! Someone complained about the tire tread......that can't be seen from the stands or on TV.......

THAT'S when you know you're in the heat of the off season.

Are we playing Bingo or b*******?

EDIT: Ha ha ha ha, B-l-a-c-k-o-u-t is censored.