2017 Alternate Uniforms

2017 Alternate Uniforms  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It looked like there was a gray face mask shown, so maybe it will be some type of throw-back tribute to the 70's and early 80's.

think the gray was just a filter in the video

Yep, I think so as well.

Ok, I'm seeing that as well. The video goes to black and white for half a second or so. That's what I saw.

I guess a guy can dream.

• Fire 1

97 throwbacks? That is basically just what we have now w/o stripes on the pants.

If you pause that video at about 3 seconds in, you can see that it appears to be a regular jersey with just the numbers giving the appearance of 97 mesh throwbacks.

There are minor differences between current jerseys and '97 jerseys. I would be all for a throwback look, especially to see the pants without stripes.

• Fire 1

97 throwbacks? That is basically just what we have now w/o stripes on the pants.

If you pause that video at about 3 seconds in, you can see that it appears to be a regular jersey with just the numbers giving the appearance of 97 mesh throwbacks.

There are minor differences between current jerseys and '97 jerseys. I would be all for a throwback look, especially to see the pants without stripes.

I think the full mesh as shown above in that Frost picture versus what they wear now, I think it's more than a minor difference

I think the full mesh as shown above in that Frost picture versus what they wear now, I think it's more than a minor difference

Yes, there are differences in the material (mesh vs. stretchy fabric) that aren't visible from far away. I was commenting on the main cosmetic differences. The main difference between '97 and now is the pant striping (or lack there of), jersey stripes, and other minor differences.

As an alternate it doesn't really make that much sense. I'm also of the opinion that there's a decent chance these will be our regular uniforms - what else could be different (esp if it's referencing the '97 team) besides a fake mesh on the numbers, which is not all that 'alternate'?

The only differences design wise between our current uniforms and the '97 ones is a lack of pant stripes, inconsistent shoulder stripes (some had none, some had one, some had two), and the adidas/big xii/nebraska patches.

Since adidas had ucla go to that awful cross-hatch number font for their main jerseys a couple years ago, I wouldn't put it past them making this the main uni (although a mesh font probably wouldn't look bad) if the main unis got rid of the pant stripes, I'd be pretty happy. I still think this will probably be a one off