Most improved Husker: Who steps up this season?

What Huskers do you think will be most improved this year?

===========================================

Caleb Lightbourn. I think he is gonna show a bunch of improvement. He got thrust into a starting role last year due to Foltz's tragic death. Lightbourn has a huge leg--when he connects. But he was inconsistent last year. I don't think we'll see anymore shanks this year, now that he has a year of PT and spring training under his belt. It wouldn't surprise me to see him up towards the top of the Big 10 in punting stats this season.

Tanner Farmer. He was good last year. But he played hurt much of the season. We haven't seen him at his full potential yet. He can push people around--maybe the strongest guy on the team. If he can stay healthy this season I think he'll be pancake makin' machine come this this fall.

• Fire 1

I think I'm way too optimistic about this season right now. Everywhere I look I see upside right now which is problematic. (Is there a position group we think is going to be worse than last year...maybe RB but Tre looks good?)

I'll throw this out though. Knevel. It sounds like he played hurt last year. I also think the line as a position group is going to be a lot better which will help him a lot as he won't be distracted. It sounds like he was good enough in the Spring to move Conrad to center (I think, I might be remembering wrong). He's always seemed a step slow, but I think he'll be good this year.

• Fire 1