Most improved Husker: Who steps up this season?

Which player vs which position - two different questions in my view.

I hope and somewhat expect our punter to do much better, though I don't expect a miracle. If he can cut down his bad ones by half and put a dozen or so inside the ten yard line, it will be dramatic improvement.

Wilbon has potentil to be much improved as he has shown so little and appears to have a lot of upside if he plays his best.

We need DPE to play up to his potentil so whether or not his is 'improved' as much as restored idk.

By position, I feel we need our receivers to step up and improve a bunch. We had some good play last year but nothing really 'special'. Hopefully, with more accurate throws, we'll have more catches and more yards after the catch. If those happen, then the running game will make substantial improvement and the offense as a whole will be much better.

The defense as a whole will need to be much better as well. There may not be many individuals on defense who are 'most improved' but the entire unit should be better as they are now into the third year and even with some scheme and alignment changes, they end result ought to be a pleasant upgrade.

One area where we need dramatic improvement and where there is plenty of opportunity to make big strides is the kick return game (kickoffs and punt returns MUST be better if the team is to win more games). We need to field almost every punt and return them regularly for 10 yards. No more letting opponents 'chip and roll' us to death as we stand back and watch them pin us deep. We need the coaches and the returners to get the courage to go and get the ball and not hang back and wait for the 'perfect' one to attempt to field and return it.

Tanner Lee. He didn't complete a single pass last year. I predict he completes a couple this year.

Seriously though, I don't think we can overstate the value of having an accurate passer at QB who can run the offense, consistently move the chains, and keep the offense on the field.

• Fire 2

Tanner Lee. He didn't complete a single pass last year. I predict he completes a couple this year.

Seriously though, I don't think we can overstate the value of having an accurate passer at QB who can run the offense, consistently move the chains, and keep the offense on the field.

YAC

YAC

YAC

YAC

YAC

YAC

YAC

Chris Weber will show the world he is the best LB on the field, you will wonder why anyone was starting in front of him last year

Bando was better than him last year for the scheme we ran. If he has a good year this year then great for him and how much work he has put in, but Wiscy pulls guys off the street and they come in and kill it at ILB in this system. DL eat up blocks and LBs run free and make plays.

Chris Weber will show the world he is the best LB on the field, you will wonder why anyone was starting in front of him last year

Bando was better than him last year for the scheme we ran. If he has a good year this year then great for him and how much work he has put in, but Wiscy pulls guys off the street and they come in and kill it at ILB in this system. DL eat up blocks and LBs run free and make plays.

No Bando was not better then him, and when Weber was on the field he was better. There was a ton of politics on why Bando was playing. Being the best his position was not one of them. Very close to a Keller - Ganz situation where someone was promised something if they didn't transfer. He was a liability on the field, this has been proven with film of the season. A good year? He will have a second team big ten type year. No Wisconsin doesn't pull guys off the street they know how to evaluate talent at a high level.