2018 5* Matt Corral QB De-Commits from USC, Open To All Offers

We don't need a QB in 2018, remember. We have it all locked up for 2019

Under certain circumstances, aka Gunnell committing, some us thought that would warrant passing on a 2018 guy. Those circumstances have changed with Gunnell pledging to A&M. However, even with that there still seemed to be no indication at this time that we'd be taking a 2018 QB. There still isn't any indication we are taking one outside of a reporter recently naming us a darkhorse for a recently decomitted 5star QB, who we haven't offered.

Without Gunnell in the picture or with Corral in the picture or other unforseen circumstances perhaps the idea changes one way other another.

But I'm not sure your agenda on pushing your opinion against on an idea some posters had that is no longer relevant due to Gunnell's decision.

• Fire 2

Under certain circumstances, aka Gunnell committing, some us thought that would warrant passing on a 2018 guy. Those circumstances have changed with Gunnell pledging to A&M. However, even with that there still seemed to be no indication at this time that we'd be taking a 2018 QB. There still isn't any indication we are taking one outside of a reporter recently naming us a darkhorse for a recently decomitted 5star QB, who we haven't offered.

Without Gunnell in the picture or with Corral in the picture or other unforseen circumstances perhaps the idea changes one way other another.

But I'm not sure your agenda on pushing your opinion against on an idea some posters had that is no longer relevant due to Gunnell's decision.

It's not really an agenda. The post was sarcasm towards our coaches not taking a QB every year. And I will beat that drum that they are making a mistake every year they don't.

We don't need just a QB, we need the right QB. We aren't taking one to just take one, but will take the right one if we can. Doesn't seem like it is too difficult of a concept to grasp.

This argument is so old. There are so many good QB's that the coaches didn't even offer. Had they recruited differently, they wouldn't be in a position to get "just" a QB

We don't need just a QB, we need the right QB. We aren't taking one to just take one, but will take the right one if we can. Doesn't seem like it is too difficult of a concept to grasp.

Exactly. Typically, I would be beating the drum that we need to take one every year.

The reason why we weren't taking a QB is because of the extremely small size of the class. If a really good QB for this system would have popped up and was wanting to commit, I'm positive the staff wouldn't have turned him away. But, they aren't going to use up a spot in this small class for a QB that probably wasn't going to be successful in this system.

Now, with departures and possibly more room in the class and if a QB like Corral were seriously interested, I'm sure they would try to get him.

• Fire 1

Exactly. Typically, I would be beating the drum that we need to take one every year.

The reason why we weren't taking a QB is because of the extremely small size of the class. If a really good QB for this system would have popped up and was wanting to commit, I'm positive the staff wouldn't have turned him away. But, they aren't going to use up a spot in this small class for a QB that probably wasn't going to be successful in this system.

Now, with departures and possibly more room in the class and if a QB like Corral were seriously interested, I'm sure they would try to get him.

We are taking a kicker in this extremely small class. If there is room for a kicker, there is room for a good QB

• Fire 1