2018 5* Matt Corral QB De-Commits from USC, Open To All Offers

I am thinking if we don't sign a QB we will be bringing in a walkon

Some think that's the hope with the Kearney Cath kid, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Wait. So we don't take a QB on scholarship "just" to take one but we hope we take a walk on?
Yes? Big difference between giving a kid a scholarship just to take a QB and bringing in a walkon. Not saying we shouldn't sign a QB but I don't see how signing an average player is better than having a player of similar talent walk on.

If a kid is a walk on, he is not similar talent as a 3-4 star player.
That is debateable. Either way, I'm not against taking a QB whatsoever. I think we should pursue Corral. But I'm just saying if we don't sign a QB, I think we bring in a walk on.

It's not debatable

Dude, just stop. You're arguing about something, by definition it is debatable. Stop flooding the pages, we understand what your position is.

• Fire 5

Some think that's the hope with the Kearney Cath kid, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Wait. So we don't take a QB on scholarship "just" to take one but we hope we take a walk on?
Yes? Big difference between giving a kid a scholarship just to take a QB and bringing in a walkon. Not saying we shouldn't sign a QB but I don't see how signing an average player is better than having a player of similar talent walk on.

That is debateable. Either way, I'm not against taking a QB whatsoever. I think we should pursue Corral. But I'm just saying if we don't sign a QB, I think we bring in a walk on.

It's not debatable

Dude, just stop. You're arguing about something, by definition it is debatable. Stop flooding the pages, we understand what your position is.

You're right. I'm sorry. Walk on QB's have similar talent to 4 star QB's. They are all the same.

It's not debatable

You're right. I'm sorry. Walk on QB's have similar talent to 4 star QB's. They are all the same.

You're just being difficult

It's not debatable
tell that to Baker Mayfield

It's not debatable

Yep. You got me. The one time where the starter got injured at the most pass happy university in D1. You win.

Come on. You understand the difference between a QB that takes up a limited scholarship spot and one that doesn't.

As Mav has stated and I agree, we aren't THAT limited. And you guys act like we are going to go Bo Pelini and take a last minute kid from nowhere. There are still A LOT of very good QB's available. And they would fit the program.

Yes, that is the way the class seems like it's going to end up (19-21) kids. But, that isn't the number that was being talked about for a while.

Come on. You understand the difference between a QB that takes up a limited scholarship spot and one that doesn't.

As Mav has stated and I agree, we aren't THAT limited. And you guys act like we are going to go Bo Pelini and take a last minute kid from nowhere. There are still A LOT of very good QB's available. And they would fit the program.

Yes, that is the way the class seems like it's going to end up (19-21) kids. But, that isn't the number that was being talked about for a while.

I'm sure the coaches knew that the original number is never the actual

It's not debatable

Yep. You got me. The one time where the starter got injured at the most pass happy university in D1. You win.
ah so he isn't talented he is just lucky, got it. That must be why he was a multi year starter at the University of Oklahoma and was a heisman candidate, luck right? I'm not going to argue recruits are usually more talented, but to say that a walkon can't be similarly talented to a recruit lower on our board is ignorant to the facts.

Again, I think we should pursue Corral, I'm just saying I think if we don't sign one we will still bring one in. Is that ideal in my opinion? No, but you didn't ask me that, you just jumped to the conclusion I think we should take a walk on instead of a scholarship player.

Don't you have a wife you can go fight with?

• Fire 2

It's not debatable

ah so he isn't talented he is just lucky, got it. That must be why he was a multi year starter at the University of Oklahoma and was a heisman candidate, luck right? I'm not going to argue recruits are usually more talented, but to say that a walkon can't be similarly talented to a recruit lower on our board is ignorant to the facts.

Again, I think we should pursue Corral, I'm just saying I think if we don't sign one we will still bring one in. Is that ideal in my opinion? No, but you didn't ask me that, you just jumped to the conclusion I think we should take a walk on instead of a scholarship player.

I didn't say it was luck. I said it was the 1 instance. So you were right. Congrats

Don't you have a wife you can go fight with?

It's none of your f'ing business what my marital status is

Farrell mentioned Nebraska as a possible landing spot if we can get him on a visit. Georgia, Florida and Alabama were the other 3 mentioned.

After Corral's decommitment from USC, the Trojans are in the mix for other quarterbacks (see below), and Corral has been linked to Georgia (where he visited), Florida and Alabama - and keep an eye out for Nebraska. Georgia could be a real player, here, but obviously the in-state five-star Fields is a higher priority according to sources, while Florida is also all-in on Fields and Alabama is hoping Corral will come and throw for them, as is customary, before taking any commitment.

Nebraska is the interesting one here, as Corral would be a huge get for the Calibraska movement. Nebraska has the kind of atmosphere on a visit, whether it’s during the season or even during the summer, where it’s not out of the question to see Corral commit. Other schools could be involved, but these are the ones I’ve heard the most about.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-five-star-qb-decommits-usc-qb-recruiting