Chicken & Dumplings/Edited With Picture

My neighbor gave me this dumpling recipe and I made chicken and dumplings the other day and it turned out great. Made some fried potatoes to go with them. I have tried to make dumplings before without much luck, but, these turned out great and they are really easy to make.

The only thing I may do different next time, is to make them in the crockpot because the chicken and veggies slightly stuck to the bottom of the stockpot.

Chicken & Dumplings:

***I eyeball it a lot when I cook so use what you like.

I peeled and chopped bunches of garlic; use how many you want.

Cut white onions, chop; use how many you want.

Put the onions and garlic in the crockpot.

Take a pkg. of celery and cut in slices.

Add 1 pkg. baby carrots and celery and put over the onions/garlic in the crockpot.

Wash how many boneless chicken breasts you want and pat with a paper towel to dry. I used 3 chicken breasts. Put the chicken breasts in a Tupperware container and sprinkle a pkg. of Amazing Taste Poultry Seasoning over them; put lid on and shake to coat the chicken breasts.

Pour 1-(32-oz.)-Container Swanson's Chicken Broth plus more cans of chicken broth-(if needed)-to cover the chicken breasts and veggies.

I added some pepper and Paula Deen's House Seasoning.

Put lid on stockpot and cooked it on a very low temperature all day.

***I did thicken it some because it wasn't thick like I wanted it to be. Probably put too much chicken broth in it. Thicken it if you need to.

Dumplings:

1-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour

2 Tsp. Baking Powder

3/4 Tsp. Salt

3 T. Crisco Shortening

3/4 Cup Milk

Measure flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.

Cut in Crisco Shortening thoroughly until mixture looks like meal. Stir in milk.

***I used a pastry cutter.

Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot meat or vegetables in boiling stew. ***Do Not Drop Directly Into Liquid!

Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.

Cover, Cook about 10 minutes longer or until dumpling are fluffy.

Dumplings In Crockpot:

Use the same recipe. My neighbor turned the heat to high when she placed them the dumplings on the meat in crockpot. She cooked them about 45-50 minutes.

• Fire 1