OWH: Husker Camp Countdown

#6 - Aaron Williams

5-11 | 190 | Junior | S

Williams has been a jack of all trades the last two seasons, finding the field in nickel and dime packages as well as on special teams. Now the Atlanta native appears to have parlayed that work and experience into a starting spot at safety.

OWH

#5 - Stanley Morgan

6-1 | 195 | Junior | WR

It’s Morgan’s turn and his time to be NU’s No. 1 receiver. The stats from first two seasons combined — 58 catches, 757 yards, five touchdowns — would be a good year in 2017. Morgan is probably the Huskers’ best blocking receiver, their best at breaking tackles and their most natural leader.

OWH

#3 - Nick Gates

6-5 | 295 | Junior | Left tackle

He started every game in 2016, but Gates was much more effective before an ankle injury at Indiana. Though Gates was healthier in the Music City Bowl, he was overwhelmed by Tennessee defensive end Derek Barnett, and that game seemed to stick with Gates.

OWH

• 3 weeks later...

I was waiting for a couple other sites to finish their countdowns but then I forgot to post some random thoughts.

Here's my spreadsheet with the OWH, HuskerOnline and Husker Illustrated rankings.  OWH did 50, HOL did 40 and HI did 25 so there's not a full comparison.

My random thoughts:

• Tanner Lee was #1 in all three
  • Biggest discrepancies between a players' high and low ranking: Alex Davis (HI #8, OWH #28), Tyjon Lindsey (HI #22, OWH #35), Caleb Lightbourn (HOL #29, OWH #42), Tanner Farmer (OWH #11, HI #23)
  • Players that were ranked too low (IMO): Kalu - HI #14, Carlos Davis - OWH #8, Tanner Farmer - HI #23, Mick Stoltenberg - OWH #15, Luke Gifford - Everyone, Tyjon Lindsey - OWH #35
  • Players that were ranked too high (IMO): DPE - HOL #5, Alex Davis - HI #8