Nebraska / Oklahoma Rivalry

Rivals  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just of curiosity, can we kill (or ban) the people who answered yes to number three?

Help me understand why a person would vote no to that.

I mean... it's what the poll question asks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

'Better Dead Than Sooner Red' refers to the old days when the rivalry with Oklahoma was quite bitter. They also called themselves "the Big Red," but WE were the REAL Big Red. So there was a bumper sticker that said "Better Dead Than Sooner Red," meaning I'd rather die than wear Oklahoma colors.

I wanted to put something about "If I owned Hell and Oklahoma, I'd live in Hell & rent out Oklahoma" but how do you make that a yes/no question?

So everyone voting "Yes" on that last question is essentially saying they'd rather die than wear Oklahoma colors. You "No" voters are contemptible.

• Fire 2

Just of curiosity, can we kill (or ban) the people who answered yes to number three?

'Better Dead Than Sooner Red' refers to the old days when the rivalry with Oklahoma was quite bitter. They also called themselves "the Big Red," but WE were the REAL Big Red. So there was a bumper sticker that said "Better Dead Than Sooner Red," meaning I'd rather die than wear Oklahoma colors.

I wanted to put something about "If I owned Hell and Oklahoma, I'd live in Hell & rent out Oklahoma" but how do you make that a yes/no question?

So everyone voting "Yes" on that last question is essentially saying they'd rather die than wear Oklahoma colors. You "No" voters are contemptible.

Or dare I say....Wrong?

Exactly! Hence my question!!!

I have a Sooner shirt my OU fan buddy gave me as a gag. I've kept it in the hopes that OU joins the Big Ten one day and I can do my reverse psychology shirt swap technique if we stink it up.

The technique has worked against Mizzou '09 and Ohio State '11. Don't ask how many times it has failed....

Or dare I say....Wrong?

1463495047019-image.png

This may be a little obscure- Dana Carvey playing John McLaughlin - My brother and I died laughing at this on SNL.

That last poll question is a reference to one of the bumper stickers we used to have during the height of the rivalry.

N window clings on by back two side windows, "Nebraska" bumper sticker in the middle, and on each side stickers that say "Better Dead Then Sooner Red" and "If I owned Oklahoma and Hell, I'd rent out Oklahoma and live in Hell!"

I used to have a picture of the one I referenced, but I can't find it now.

That one was great! The other one I really liked was a picture of a shovel with the caption "Bury Switzer".

Agree....

Now, if they were to enter the Big Ten West and we played them every year, I could see it building back up. But, it would still be a long time before it got to the level it was in the 70s and 80s.

It would be funny if the Big XII dissolved & we absorbed Oklahoma before our games in 2020 & 2021. We'd either have to redo the schedule or play a conference opponent early on.

With conference realignment these days that very well could happen. $51.1 million per year also is a big incentive for teams wanting into the Big Ten.

I do think at some point Oklahoma & Kansas will be in the Big Ten. The sticking point with this is the "state schools" in Oklahoma State & Kansas State.

I would love to have the Nebraska-Oklahoma game back as an annual conference clash on Thanksgiving weekend. What a weekend of college football that could be if it was Nebraska-Oklahoma in the Big Ten West, with Michigan-Ohio State in the Big Ten East.