LB Greg Simmons Has Left the Team

Good thing we didn't fill our class all the way up in Feb...

It's not unrealistic to think we might be at 75 scholarships by the start of fall camp.

That used to be a clear sign of roster mismanagement. But I doubt it is anymore.

No matter what anyone says not taking the +3 (or at least +2) every year is roster mismanagement.

• Fire 1

Benning said this was evident about 4 practices into spring. Also said there should be 2 more leaving as well.

Would bet it's either Brokop or Gaylord.

They were both listed on the 2 deep after the Spring game.
That was a 2 deep projection done by a media source neither in or affiliated with Nebraska.
  • Fire 1

Bummer. Lots of talent.

According to who? He was a low 3star with unimpressive offers.

According to Banker and Bray...who had him at the top of our board in his recruiting year.

GREG SIMMONS

Banker: Greg Simmons was at the very top of our board. Coach Bray did a great job with him, seeing him through. He was one of the first to kind of go through the gauntlet and the procedure of recruiting. We were lucky to get an early commitment out of him.

Bray: We want guys that are physical and can get downhill. He's out of high school one of the most instinctual players that I've recruited. So I'm very excited about what he can do.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/signing-day-nebraska-assistants-comment-on-the-signees/article_21e76a48-ca9c-11e5-bd70-df064c089ae4.html
Possible missed evaluation or possible bad fit then? Either way, doesn't matter... we'll be ok.

What did you expect them to say in an article about a recently signed recruit? "Well he was at the bottom of our board and not exactly what we are looking for"?

Bummer. Lots of talent.

According to who? He was a low 3star with unimpressive offers.

According to Banker and Bray...who had him at the top of our board in his recruiting year.

GREG SIMMONS

Banker: Greg Simmons was at the very top of our board. Coach Bray did a great job with him, seeing him through. He was one of the first to kind of go through the gauntlet and the procedure of recruiting. We were lucky to get an early commitment out of him.

Bray: We want guys that are physical and can get downhill. He's out of high school one of the most instinctual players that I've recruited. So I'm very excited about what he can do.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/signing-day-nebraska-assistants-comment-on-the-signees/article_21e76a48-ca9c-11e5-bd70-df064c089ae4.html
Possible missed evaluation or possible bad fit then? Either way, doesn't matter... we'll be ok.

What did you expect them to say in an article about a recently signed recruit? "Well he was at the bottom of our board and not exactly what we are looking for"?

You asked, I answered. All I have is facts in print to go by. It's a loss if Bray calls him one of the most instinctual players he's recruited. You can't spin that.

To each their own. I don't think he's a big loss nor was a huge talent.