OT Cade Beresford [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Beresford commit?

• Nebraska
    • Washington State
    • Oregon State
    • Arizona
    • Arizona State

This poll is closed to new votes

David Knevel 2.0?

What makes you say that?

Just feel like we're hearing the same stuff about this kid. Big dude, ton of potential, just needs a few years in the program, etc.

I'd rather have this kid than another guard, but it just seems like people are reaching for reasons to be optimistic. If he's has so much potential, why are we essentially the only major school offering him? This seems like we threw all our chips in on Bleich with little to no backup plan and now we're just going to take a body.

David Knevel 2.0?

What makes you say that?

Just feel like we're hearing the same stuff about this kid. Big dude, ton of potential, just needs a few years in the program, etc.

I'd rather have this kid than another guard, but it just seems like people are reaching for reasons to be optimistic. If he's has so much potential, why are we essentially the only major school offering him? This seems like we threw all our chips in on Bleich with little to no backup plan and now we're just going to take a body.

That bolded phrase can and is said about just about every line commit that comes into the program. Not sure why you point it out just with this kid and tie it back to Knevel.

• Fire 1

David Knevel 2.0?

What makes you say that?

That bolded phrase can and is said about just about every line commit that comes into the program. Not sure why you point it out just with this kid and tie it back to Knevel.

Fair enough.

David Knevel 2.0?

What makes you say that?

Eh .... kind of.

I don't think that's the attitude a lot of people have about Bookie, Moore, Jurgens, Chase Williams, etc.

David Knevel 2.0?

What makes you say that?

Eh .... kind of.

I don't think that's the attitude a lot of people have about Bookie, Moore, Jurgens, Chase Williams, etc.

I said "line commit".

• Fire 2

David Knevel 2.0?

What makes you say that?

Eh .... kind of.

I said "line commit".

I think to a certain extent you're right, but all of the line commits we have brought in since Knevel have been more polished technique wise imo. This kid just has a frame with potential, that's why I drew the comparison.

That's what happend when you go after upper echelon talent, sometimes you lose. I bet we end up with a pretty decent OL commit.

We haven't seriously gone after upper echelon this cycle except for Michael Thompson, WHO ISNT EVEN AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN. Don't call Stratford or Bleich upper echelon.
  • Fire 1

David Knevel 2.0?

What makes you say that?

Eh .... kind of.

I said "line commit".

My bad. Missed that part.

These weren’t compliments Beresford expected to hear 18 months earlier, when he was a tall and skinny sophomore quarterback fighting for backup duties.

Beresford and his high school coach had often joked during a weightlifting class that he should bulk up and move to the O-line, and the idea began to seem more serious as Beresford saw his football career under center winding down. So he hit the weights hard, ate a lot and added 60 to 70 pounds to prepare for a junior year during which he dominated in the trenches.

In addition to 30 extra pounds this offseason, Beresford has added an offer from Washington State as well as other FBS schools such as Nevada and Wyoming. Nebraska became the second Power Five offer for the prospect given three stars by 247Sports and Scout recruiting services.

“I kind of teared up at that point because all the hard work paid off,” Beresford said. “I was expecting to maybe go try to play D-II or D-III basketball and thinking football wasn’t it. When I switched to left tackle, my love for football increased. Now it’s my favorite thing to do. To play in college at such a high level like that, if I end up there, is just going to be amazing.”

OWH

Beresford deserves another mention with his stock likely to continue to rise as he plays out his senior season with more weight, strength and experience on the line. Not only is Nebraska among the first to offer him, but his father, Harry, was a left tackle at Boise State and played there with Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf in the early 1990s.

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Cade Beresford [Washington State - Signed LOI]