Let the kool aid flow

Nebraska fans know more about the Xs and Os and the strategy than most I would be willing to bet. Not sure if there would be a way to actually test this with some kind of study or survey but it would be interesting no doubt.

Now, not all 90,000 are 'experts' like almost all of those who comment on this board (LOL), but most who've been fans for 20 plus years or more should. Many Husker fans cheer for the team because they love the Huskers (win or lose) and it surely helps that they have won a lot more than they have lost for nearly everybody living today. As the saying goes "past performance is no guarantee of future success" but then again, it is a fairly reliable predicter. Many Husker fans love the game itself - it is, in my opinion which you all know I value quite highly - easily the best sport of them all. No other major sport / game involves so many aspects of the virtues of games and sports such as strategy, teamwork, physical and mental toughness and athleticism, etc etc.

I have confidence in our team every year that they will come out and entertain us with effort and the right spirit and play the game the way it is intended to be played - with heart, desire, competitiveness, determination and within the letter and spirit of the rules. Good sportsmanship is a hall mark (maybe the foremost hallmark) of Husker football. This is probably why the stadium fills for spring games and is filled every fall. We all want to win and care very much if we don't BUT so long as the game is played fair and square, Nebraska fans in general just appreciate the game well played. We cheer loudly and support our team with great pride and furvor because the team represents us all with the 'right stuff'. Honor and dignity and Nebraska values are at the heart of 'bleeding Big Red' and hopefully always will be. I believe Mike Riley took this job because he loves the game and loves coaching and wants dearly to win a championship 'the right way'.

Its "More than winning!" as Osborne so aptly wrote and in this way Riley reminds me of Tom a great deal. I think Riley will be fondly remembered some day as one of Nebraska's fine coaches and Husker fans will be proud to say he is our coach sooner than many people think. I am optimistic for this year and for the foreseeable future because of the millions of Nebraska football fans out there who really do understand the game and all its virtues.

How long does it typical take you to construct a post?

This is my kind of thread! I'm forever an optimist when it comes to this team. What an adventure we will have this year! Everything looks so good! Will it play out? Will we have an 11-0 season (This is the Kool-aid thread so why not!) THAT is what is exciting-the unknown. So we will all need to tune in this fall, as we all will as we are RABID husker fans who love football and love our Huskers! FLOW KOOL AID FLOW! :P

Exactly! How many Iowa fans, or national poundits had Iowa winning so many games two years ago? NO ONE! But they did. We can be an Iowa surprise, with one big exception. We keep it going!!!!!

:koolaid2: Here is my kool-aid - offense. Langs has his QB. Langs has a system. Langs system works great wt the right QB. Therefore, we will surprise on offense.

:koolaid2: Here is my koolaid - defense- New DC gets the fire lit. New scheme is brilliant. We over perform on D.

:koolaid2: Here is my koolaid on Riley - Riley get's his surprise win but adds 2 - beats Oregon, Wisc, and PSU

:koolaid2: Overall, win West Division - Lose 2x to OSU.

Do I think this will actually happen no but this is the :koolaid2: thread. Best hope is a only 3 loss season getting over that 4 loss hump

• Fire 2

• 1 month later...

This is going to be an awesome year! Awesomest ever!!!Diaco is going to RULE and Wisconsin is going down Trump style: Bigly! Notre Dame is going to be like why did we let this guy go?

And I want to stress that EVERYTHING we are going to try to do on offense is going to WORK. Cowherd is absolutely right. All you need is love, er I mean a Coach that says "I love" a lot AND a great transfer QB. Obviously we have this in spades. PLUS all 4 of our backs are so good all the O-line has to do is stay out of the way! Wisc? Going DOWN! Penn St? Going DOWN And the BIG 14 will be OWNED by the BIG RED. We are going to GEL so WEL Asics is going to beg for the formula!!!

• Fire 1

Reality would be nice! This thread is filled with pie in the sky crap. Our QB in is limited experience has more interceptions then TD while playing at Tulane!

Reality is good! I always hope we win and put a good product on the field but I am not sure Riley has it in him to do so! No thanks on the sugar high!

Reality would be nice! This thread is filled with pie in the sky crap. Our QB in is limited experience has more interceptions then TD while playing at Tulane!

Reality is good! I always hope we win and put a good product on the field but I am not sure Riley has it in him to do so! No thanks on the sugar high!

But he played on a crappy team...and all the teams he played against were national champions...

Maybe you should read the thread title and the first post:

I'm sick of all the negativity in the recent topics, and looking for the rush associated with a Kool Aid high, so I created this thread looking hoping others will add.

The defense has chance to be very good. With the new scheme and coach, it should be exciting. Wisconsin's defense (which will be similar to what we will run) looked great over the last couple years, and I think we have great talent to work it. Lock down corners? Yup. Dominate stout DL? Yup. Aggressive hard hitting and quick lbs? Yup. We have at least as much talent (I think more) then Wisconsin has had, and that could make a big difference in close games.

On offense, yes we lose a lot of talent, but not in the areas that are key to Riley's offense. The QB will be far more accurate and that is the key for his offense to work. Stud rbs? We have a bunch that should be able to consistently move the ball. WRs? In Riley's system a premier wr is not key (except in one position) -- just someone that can consistently catch the ball. And considering most if the dbs we will be facing, we will most of the time be equal or better. One shifty wr is a big part of taking the offense to the next level, and we certainly have that.

• Fire 1