Let the kool aid flow

There are no doubt a lot of question marks this year. It seems that the national puds, I mean pundits, are assuming all those question marks to turn into negatives.

I choose to recognize those question marks and see them turning into big positives. Regardless of how people on here feel, that is a decent possibility. I think anyway.

We should have more depth at QB and OL this year with a QB that is a much better fit in Riley's scheme. Because of this I think the offense will be much better as long as we stay somewhat healthy. Concerned about depth at WR and depth at LT. I like the D coordinator and our starting lineup other than the one outside OLB position where Davis is struggling. I am worried about depth on the Dline and how well we will play in year 1 in a new scheme. However if we stay healthy and the D progresses quickly I could see us surprising a lot of people this year.

• Fire 2
anyone comparing this guy to Sam Keller and Zac Taylor underestimate him. The more reports we hear the more it sounds like he could end up a first round draft selection. If he is out throwing the likes of Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen, we may very well have a star on our hands. The type of player who can elevate a team beyond what they should achieve and I think we already have a squad capable of a pretty decent season if you take Lee out of the equation.
  • Fire 2

I did an assessment in a thread awhile back but let's take it position group by position group

Trending ⬆⬇↔

QB ⬆ safe to say we are trending up at QB with more depth and a guy at the head of the pack Archie Manning seems to think the world of.

RB ↔ we lose Newby, but with the emergence of Tre Bryant and development of Wilbon I don't think we see any drop off here

OL ⬆ we lose what was considered the weak link of our line, get a major player back from injury and add 4 scholarship players to the depth chart. Things are looking up

WR ⬇ here we have our first drop off. I think Stan, DPE and Spielman will produce, but depth is an issue.

TE ↔ we lose a very talented player who didn't see the field a ton due to injury last year. While we don't have any proven tight ends I think we will see better production from this group as a whole this season

DL ↔ lost our best player from this group a year ago, but I think moving to a 3 man front will help. I also think we have some talented young players who could step up and do very well

LB ⬆ we lose a leader at this position, but I love our young talent here. Sprinkle in the fact we have some experienced guys here as well and some great coaches working with this group and I think we are looking at an improved unit.

DB ⬆ what can I say, this may be the most talented group on the team. Depth is a little thin but we really have some playmakers back there and have made moves to have as much talent on the field as possible. Things are looking great here.

To me, looking at this team, we are on the up and up. I really do think the talent we have will lead us to Indy this year, and if Lee really is all that and a bag of chips, we may well win the damn thing.

I believe that just looking at position groups leaves out consideration of the challenging dynamic of working with a new defensive system and coach.

New defenses usually give up a few big plays.

Nebraska has very good running backs, and a decent QB. I think I would be trying the first year here to lay foundations. I would be using both quarterbacks in tandem to build experience for the future. I would use power running, Patriotesque play action, and plenty of short "take what they give ya" pass completions.

I did an assessment in a thread awhile back but let's take it position group by position group

Trending ⬆⬇↔

QB ⬆ safe to say we are trending up at QB with more depth and a guy at the head of the pack Archie Manning seems to think the world of.

RB ↔ we lose Newby, but with the emergence of Tre Bryant and development of Wilbon I don't think we see any drop off here

OL ⬆ we lose what was considered the weak link of our line, get a major player back from injury and add 4 scholarship players to the depth chart. Things are looking up

WR ⬇ here we have our first drop off. I think Stan, DPE and Spielman will produce, but depth is an issue.

TE ↔ we lose a very talented player who didn't see the field a ton due to injury last year. While we don't have any proven tight ends I think we will see better production from this group as a whole this season

DL ↔ lost our best player from this group a year ago, but I think moving to a 3 man front will help. I also think we have some talented young players who could step up and do very well

LB ⬆ we lose a leader at this position, but I love our young talent here. Sprinkle in the fact we have some experienced guys here as well and some great coaches working with this group and I think we are looking at an improved unit.

DB ⬆ what can I say, this may be the most talented group on the team. Depth is a little thin but we really have some playmakers back there and have made moves to have as much talent on the field as possible. Things are looking great here.

To me, looking at this team, we are on the up and up. I really do think the talent we have will lead us to Indy this year, and if Lee really is all that and a bag of chips, we may well win the damn thing.

I believe that just looking at position groups leaves out consideration of the challenging dynamic of working with a new defensive system and coach.

Nebraska has very good running backs, and a decent QB. I think I would be trying the first year here to lay foundations. I would be using both quarterbacks in tandem to build experience for the future. I would use power running, Patriotesque play action, and plenty of short "take what they give ya" pass completions.

considering a pro scout recently thought Lee was the best QB out of a group that included Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen, projected top 10 NFL Draft picks, I'm not using a 2 qb system. I think Lee will do just fine by himself.
  • Fire 1

Trending ⬆⬇↔

considering a pro scout recently thought Lee was the best QB out of a group that included Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen, projected top 10 NFL Draft picks, I'm not using a 2 qb system. I think Lee will do just fine by himself.

...and hoping he doesn't get hurt...