Terrible "Music" and/or Annoying Lyrics

C N Red nominates Despacito. I wonder if he means any Despacito, Bieber-Despacito, or Non-Bieber-Despacito.

I've actually been thinking of making this ever since the first time I heard "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur. I normally don't have such strong responses to songs but it's one of the most pandering pieces of crap I've ever heard.

I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest

"Hey ladies. I'm a good guy. She was drunk but I didn't take advantage of her! I'm romantic and cute and I'm going to sing in this "edgy" gravelly voice because I know how sexy that is even if you can't understand half the words I'm saying."

2nd nomination is "Most Girls" by Hailee Steinfeld.

Most girls are smart and strong and beautiful
Most girls work hard, go far, we are unstoppable
Most girls, our fight to make every day
No two are the same

I wanna be like, I wanna be like most girls

What a bunch of B.S. Very few people are smart AND strong AND attractive. Lots of people are none of those 3.

And then... most girls are all of these things, but no 2 are the same, and she wants to be like most of them? I'm so confused now.

• Fire 2

C N Red nominates Despacito. I wonder if he means any Despacito, Bieber-Despacito, or Non-Bieber-Despacito.

I've actually been thinking of making this ever since the first time I heard "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur. I normally don't have such strong responses to songs but it's one of the most pandering pieces of crap I've ever heard.

I held your hair back when

You were throwing up

Then you smiled over your shoulder

For a minute, I was stone-cold sober

I pulled you closer to my chest

And you asked me to stay over

I said, I already told ya

I think that you should get some rest

"Hey ladies. I'm a good guy. She was drunk but I didn't take advantage of her! I'm romantic and cute and I'm going to sing in this "edgy" gravelly voice because I know how sexy that is even if you can't understand half the words I'm saying."

2nd nomination is "Most Girls" by Hailee Steinfeld.

Most girls are smart and strong and beautiful

Most girls work hard, go far, we are unstoppable

Most girls, our fight to make every day

No two are the same

I wanna be like, I wanna be like most girls

What a bunch of B.S. Very few people are smart AND strong AND attractive. Lots of people are none of those 3.

And then... most girls are all of these things, but no 2 are the same, and she wants to be like most of them? I'm so confused now.

Jesus you cynic, lol. I don't even know the 2nd song but the words strong and beautiful are probably double meaning-ed there impying one is strong willed or mentally tough, or women who have babies are tough, etc. And beauty can be to ones own self or even inner beauty which is more probable. Which could be why most girls to her are beautiful, but some (petty, catty gals) aren't?

Also I love the James Arthur song. lmao

Lots of people love it. But it drives me nuts. I don't dislike the *type* of music but there's just something about the song.

It's totally my genre though, I'm a huge sucker for the Songs About Jane Album- Maroon 5 kind of music as well as songs like Dancin On My Own by Callum Scott. It's all different kinds of moods music too though. I'll for sure jam to some Imagine Dragons or Whatever is on the radio that isn't just trap music.

Basically, any mainstream country since around the year 2000. But Blake Shelton's "She's Got a Way With Words" is the worst. It came over the radio before I had a chance to change the station and I actually thought it was one of those parody songs that the dj's put together to the tune of a current popular song. Nope...

She put the her in hurt
She put the why in try
She put the S.O.B. in sober
She put the hang in hangover (hangover)
She put the ex in sex
She put the low in blow
She put a big F.U. in my future
Yeah she’s got a way
She’s got a way with words
Yeah she's got a way with words

Just plain stupid....

• Fire 2

Lots of people love it. But it drives me nuts. I don't dislike the *type* of music but there's just something about the song.

It's totally my genre though, I'm a huge sucker for the Songs About Jane Album- Maroon 5 kind of music as well as songs like Dancin On My Own by Callum Scott. It's all different kinds of moods music too though. I'll for sure jam to some Imagine Dragons or Whatever is on the radio that isn't just trap music.

I like Dancing on My Own, and She Will Be Loved and Sugar and other songs by Maroon 5. I like More Than Words. It's not my favorite genre but I like quite a few "love songs" that aren't super cheesy.

I think the problem with the song I mentioned is it seems so fake. It doesn't feel like it comes from his experience. It feels like he made a list of things he thinks women drool over. And then he put them in a song.

Nothing is more dumb and annoying as

"She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"

I'll sort of give Kenny a little pass on it because he wrote it as a joke teasing his high school friends who are farmers.

What leaves me wanting to bash the radio with a bat are the fans that actually think it's a good song so it keeps getting played.

I'd like to nominate every piece of festering boil juice Meghan Trainor creates.

I'm all for empowering women, but her songs are obnoxious and irritating. She comes off as a person who never had much luck in the dating world and has decided take a vindictive approach to getting back at the people who either took no interest in her or spurned her.

I'd like to nominate every piece of festering boil juice Meghan Trainor creates.

I'm all for empowering women, but her songs are obnoxious and irritating. She comes off as a person who never had much luck in the dating world and has decided take a vindictive approach to getting back at the people who either took no interest in her or spurned her.

I thought the first song was funny but her 2nd single (Dear Future Husband) really irritated me.

The only thing I can say about it is it does/should show how ridiculous some of the sexist songs about women are, and there are a lot more of them.