Will Nebraska have a top 25 scoring defense?

Nebraska's 2017 Scoring Defense  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I found the below poll on an Omaha.com article about Diaco's defense, his approach and its impact on the team. I'm interested to see what Huskerboard thinks in our own poll and if we are in any way correlated with a larger, more generic pool of Husker voters.

This is particularly relevant as we've recently had the validity of Huskerboard polls called entirely into question.

Here's the article, for those interested.

So far, this poll has 909 voting yes and 303 voting no.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.14.30 AM.png

I vote yes. They play some fantastically bad offensive teams.

Purdue, Iowa, Rutgers, Illinois and Minnesota: Those teams should not get over 21 on the Huskers.

On a scale of 1-10, one being not worried at all and 10 being worried as one can possibly be, where would you rank your concern level with the shift to a 3-4 scheme and how that will impact the defense's performance?

Purdue, Iowa, Rutgers, Illinois and Minnesota: Those teams should not get over 21 on the Huskers.

On a scale of 1-10, one being not worried at all and 10 being worried as one can possibly be, where would you rank your concern level with the shift to a 3-4 scheme and how that will impact the defense's performance?

Like a 1, I don't think the switch is all that big of a deal.

• Fire 1

If anything the personnel is better suited for a 34 base defense.

At least, ya' know, on paper.

I agree. I mean how does it get worse than the last couple years. Not worried at all about the change and excited to see some aggression return to the defense.

You could add Wisconsin to that list.

I agree. I mean how does it get worse than the last couple years. Not worried at all about the change and excited to see some aggression return to the defense.

Too many people act like it is brain science or rocket surgery...They key to coaching (and teaching) is knowing how to get the people to learn. I am guessing that Coach Bobby knows how to teach his players and clearly must feel good about it if he didn't use his defense during the spring game.

• Fire 1

The defense should play better ball. However, I'd say the offenses we face will have more of an impact on how high our defense is ranked than anything else. Last year, Michigan was #1 in total defense. The cumulative average ranking of the offenses they faced came in at a whopping #79.3. They only faced one top 25 ranked total offense in Florida State which was ranked #25 in total offense. They lost the game and their top rated defensive unit gave up almost 120 more yards than they averaged giving up the rest of the season. Four of the thirteen games Michigan played was against offenses ranked over 100.

If the offenses we face are as poor as what Michigan faced last year, then we better have a top 25 ranked defense.