2018 mid-term

On 3/20/2018 at 8:39 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I’m interested in this guy. 

^^^ He sounds like my kind of Republican.  Maybe we clean the swamp a different way - since Trump isn't doing it.  Elect some guys and gals wt some common sense.   

The people of Wyoming, Miller continued, don’t believe the government should be able to torture people.

“We’re a really red state. We’re crusty, old conservative cowboys and miners, and we’re rough and tough and opinionated, but we are not torturers,” he said. “To have our at-large congresswoman, our only member of the U.S. House of Representatives defend torture indicates to me that she doesn’t know the people of Wyoming as well as I do. Because we’re not the state of torture. Patriots? Yes. Support the military? Yes. But torturers? No.”

Miller is a self-styled “Teddy Roosevelt Republican,” who says he is trying to bring the GOP away from what he described in our interview as “‘alt-right,’ neocon Republicanism” and back to its historic roots. “The core values of Republicanism are a fundamental mistrust of large organizations, a reliance on the individual, his intelligence, and his ability to determine what’s best for him,” Miller told the Wyoming Tribune Eagle when he announced his intention to run in January. “Now, the Republicans are supporting Goldman Sachs and the huge corporations and hedge fund managers. Monolithic institutions are their base now, instead of individuals. And Teddy Roosevelt would not agree with that.”

• Plus1 3

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good God........

What's the a****** going to do when he loses the election? I seriously fear how many of the wrong/right people believe his bulls#!t. I would not be surprised if he asked them to go to war for him over it. 

Edited by Moiraine

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Only one poll, but it's encouraging.

Yep. Also, my thought is that people already know everything they need to know about Cruz, and his opponent has plenty of time to get his name out and he seems really likeable. That's my hope anyway. Cruz is another guy I'd love to see lose. His smarminess is sickening.

• Plus1 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not too many surprises tonight in Nebraska. Looks like it will be Krist challenging Ricketts after all. As much as I'd like Krist to win (especially liked his background when I perused it on his site), I have zero confidence Nebraska isn't going to toe the Republican line and give the Human Thumb another term as governor.

Raybould will get a chance to challenge Fischer. I have even less optimism she will win than Krist, but you never know.

Interesting to see Ashford lose to Eastman by very slim margins to challenge Bacon in CD-02. The more I think about it, the more I like it. I thought Ashford was a better fit for the district's electorate, but he's already lost to Bacon once. Might as well roll the dice with the fresh face, especially since she's running a progressive platform in what's hopefully a blue wave year. 

My adopted district, CD-03, is hopeless. We'll re-elect Smith, no doubt. I don't know that CD-01 can turn out enough college students to oust Fortenberry. 

• Plus1 2

Well, I thought Adrian Smith's TV spot was hackneyed & lame, but I caught the new Don Bacon one on the Omaha stations & it takes it to a new level.

Beginning: "Nancy Pelosi rabble rabble (complete with imagery)."

Middle: Tax cuts, jobs, bonuses.

End: "With Don in Congress, Nebraska is bring home the Bacon. And you can never have too much bacon!"

Come on Nebraska. Don't do it.

• Plus1 2