Schreiber's Coming back

Just saw the news that Schreiber is coming back for his senior year. in the article he also indicated that he thought Alvarado was coming back, as well. we shall see. i didn't think Schreiber would come back, but glad he is.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/baseball/drafted-in-the-th-round-scott-schreiber-chooses-to-return/article_8512fbc7-3d00-5f3b-9639-2e46b8974bca.html

• Fire 3

If Silva can get half the improvement out of Alvarado next year as he did this year, that'll be a HUGE recruiting win. Schreiber will benefit from one more year under Erstad, and should get the draft slot he wants after another solid season. I'm a little surprised he didn't go higher, and/or that he didn't just take the offer he got, but I'm damned glad for him (and us) that he's giving it one more year in college to season his skills.

The Fightin' Erstads could be repeat Champs next year. :giggity!:

• Fire 2

Here's hoping that Erstad seriously looks at correcting our post-season woes, whether it be mental exercises for the team, ritual sacrifice, winning the Texass way, or through changes in coaching methodology.

With Schreiber and Alvarado both coming back, plus the kids we lost to injury early on coming back, I'm starting to be a little optimistic for next year.

A little.