Visiting family in Nebraska

In a few weeks I'll be taking the wife and kids back up too Nebraska to visit some family. It's the first time my kids will have been there, and I'd like to take them (especially my son) to Memorial and show him around a little. I haven't been back since the Schnellenberger FAU game (yeah, long time). Anyways, what are the restrictions at Memorial? What kind of access can you get on a "self-guided tour"? Or are there actual tours?

Any other fun stuff to do, or great places to eat would be appreciated as well. (And yes, I'll be taking the kids to the zoo).

Thanks!

• Fire 1

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210004196

Info about the tours in the link above. I have seen the stadium at scheduled events so I do not know how a regular weekday tour would go.

What age are your kids?

Besides the zoo, mini golf, Defy gravity, parkway lanes, sun valley lanes, Holmes lake is fun to go to. Antelope park has some interesting things to see that is near the lincoln zoo. Star city shores water park is fun, a place to eat not to far from there is the highway diner and it has some good food. Champions fun center is a good place to take them too.

• Fire 1

The "self-guided tour" is the angle I post on a lot of the pictures of the stadium I share. You can't get into the regular stadium, you just enter the SE corner gate and go into the wheelchair area in that corner. You're inside the stadium, and you can see everything, so it's cool, but you don't get down on the field and you don't get to see the locker rooms. You do get to go into the front lobby of North Stadium, see the championship trophies, and do the "Heisman Experience," which includes a short film about each Heisman winner and copies of their trophies. It's not for nothing. You also get to look into the Suh weight room from the side, and that's kinda swell.

You can try to schedule a private tour by calling 402.472.3333. They like parties of 15-20 people, and the access varies tour to tour. I've gone everywhere in North Stadium, but sometimes they just show you the weight room and the Hawks Center. Depends on the group and the situation.

• Fire 3

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210004196

Info about the tours in the link above. I have seen the stadium at scheduled events so I do not know how a regular weekday tour would go.

What age are your kids?

Besides the zoo, mini golf, Defy gravity, parkway lanes, sun valley lanes, Holmes lake is fun to go to. Antelope park has some interesting things to see that is near the lincoln zoo. Star city shores water park is fun, a place to eat not to far from there is the highway diner and it has some good food. Champions fun center is a good place to take them too.

Seems pretty accessible, even on the "self-guided" tour. Thanks for the link!

The "self-guided tour" is the angle I post on a lot of the pictures of the stadium I share. You can't get into the regular stadium, you just enter the SE corner gate and go into the wheelchair area in that corner. You're inside the stadium, and you can see everything, so it's cool, but you don't get down on the field and you don't get to see the locker rooms. You do get to go into the front lobby of North Stadium, see the championship trophies, and do the "Heisman Experience," which includes a short film about each Heisman winner and copies of their trophies. It's not for nothing. You also get to look into the Suh weight room from the side, and that's kinda swell.

You can try to schedule a private tour by calling 402.472.3333. They like parties of 15-20 people, and the access varies tour to tour. I've gone everywhere in North Stadium, but sometimes they just show you the weight room and the Hawks Center. Depends on the group and the situation.

Awesome. Thanks Knap!

• Fire 1