The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

I have never heard the accuser's account of the alleged assault. Did she say it happened in a public space at this party, or that it was in some private space, like a bedroom?

If the former, someone has to come forward with credible testimony to verify the claim. 

If the latter, of course nobody else would remember it.  But if it's a he-said/she-said situation, just the two of them in the room, you can't withhold his nomination because of that. Think of the chaos with future nominations if Kavanaugh is not confirmed based on an unverified, 36-year-old allegation. 

11 minutes ago, commando said:

am hearing that there are 2 more women with claims against kavanaugh.  

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez?mbid=social_twitter

“I wasn’t going to touch a penis until I was married,” she said. “I was embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated.” She remembers Kavanaugh standing to her right and laughing, pulling up his pants. “Brett was laughing,” she said. “I can still see his face, and his hips coming forward, like when you pull up your pants.” She recalled another male student shouting about the incident. “Somebody yelled down the hall, ‘Brett Kavanaugh just put his penis in Debbie’s face,’ ” she said. “It was his full name. I don’t think it was just ‘Brett.’ And I remember hearing and being mortified that this was out there.”

52 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

It appears Brett Kavanaugh unintentionally set himself up.

You know, if you're the guy setting the bar, you've got to be willing to jump over it yourself.

Zero sympathy for this guy.  Go prove you belong on the highest court and answer the questions you thought should be asked of the other guy.

• Plus1 6