Daniel Craig to Return as Bond?

Daniel Craig has changed his mind and is set to sign up for his fifth Bond movie – with Adele lined up to join him.

The actor, 48, claimed he would “rather slash my wrists” than play 007 again but his U-turn came after a host of British stars were tipped to replace him.

Link

• Fire 1

That's... peculiar... particularly after the slash comment.

Spectre felt like an OK ending for Craig as Bond, particularly since they tried to weave all the story lines from every other Craig 'Bond' into one film. It wasn't as good as Skyfall, but I enjoyed it. It'll be interesting to see which avenue they try to take this.

I'm not crazy about some of the other names they mentioned as possible replacements. Elba could be interesting as the first (I believe?) black version of Bond. Tom Hardy is too gruff and lacks the necessary suave, but Aidan Turner looks like a Bond IMO.

I haven't followed the search for a new Bond at all. So, all of those names are unknown to me. I am surprised Craig is coming back after comments made.

Just looking at pictures of the three you mentioned....Elba and Turner look like an interesting option. Agree....Hardy just doesn't look refined enough for the part.

Elba would really be interesting being a black Bond. Not against it. It's just an interesting twist. He would bring a different kind of "cool" than we are used to with Bond.

But, maybe that's what it needs.

Best pictures I could find that look Bond-ish.

Elba

img-idris-elba_211755666739-600x786.jpg

idris-elba-daughter-2014-wallpaper-3.jpg

If those guys are in consideration after Craig, Elba might be my favorite for the part. I'm with you about Elba. I think what characterizes Bond more than anything else are his savvy investigation skills, brute force and romanticism. Elba seems like he'd be a good fit for all of that. Some people would certainly draw issue with it all because of his skin color, and that's too bad.

I haven't seen Turner act in anything that I can think of off the top of my head, and Hardy should just be a hard pass. I like him as an actor and love most of his roles, but he looks like the kind of guy who would order a bourbon and not shower for three weeks. Doesn't really fit Bond.

I feel like those original Craig comments have to be taken out of context somehow, but am really glad he's coming back for at least one more.

As far as the names mentioned, I would absolutely love an Idris Elba James Bond, but would likely be really optimistic for a Tom Hardy version as well. Is everyone forgetting him in Inception?

ea4d40cefaeb7500b28592d1fbab3fbc--tom-ha

maxresdefault.jpg

I feel like those original Craig comments have to be taken out of context somehow, but am really glad he's coming back for at least one more.

As far as the names mentioned, I would absolutely love an Idris Elba James Bond, but would likely be really optimistic for a Tom Hardy version as well. Is everyone forgetting him in Inception?

ea4d40cefaeb7500b28592d1fbab3fbc--tom-ha

maxresdefault.jpg

I like him as an actor and love most of his roles, but he looks like the kind of guy who would order a bourbon and not shower for three weeks. Doesn't really fit Bond.

• Fire 1

I really liked the Tom Hiddleston Bond idea. Craig was good, but the torch will be passed at some point (a little disappointed it hasn't happened already). Also, I really didn't like Skyfall :/ Or QoS. Haven't seen Spectre.

I'd like to see a female Bond.