Funny article on Taylor Martinez

I was a TM fan all 4 years. As has been mentioned, his injuries took away what he did best. I remember the excitement during his freshman year in how he was abusing other teams defenses. Sadly that quad bruise and the ankle sprain and possibly other injuries from trying to play hurt took their toll and what should have been never was.

One thing I think we can all agree on, he was one tough son of a bitch.

In the finest tradition of NU quarterbacks: Tagge, Gill, Taylor, Frazier, Berringer, Frost, Crouch, Lord, Taylor, Ganz, Martinez, Armstrong, and a bunch more I missed. All tough sons a bitches! Those guys would bring it every game no matter how beat up they were. I think there is no doubt Martinez is up there with all of them in terms of grit.
  • Fire 1

In the finest tradition of NU quarterbacks: Tagge, Gill, Taylor, Frasier, Berringer, Frost, Crouch, Lord, Taylor, Ganz, Martinez, Armstrong, and a bunch more I missed. All tough sons a bitches! Those guys would bring it every game no matter how neat up theu were. I think there is no doubt Martinez is up there with all of them in terms of grit.

he didnt seem that athletic or tough on cheers.

• Fire 2

In the finest tradition of NU quarterbacks: Tagge, Gill, Taylor, Frasier, Berringer, Frost, Crouch, Lord, Taylor, Ganz, Martinez, Armstrong, and a bunch more I missed. All tough sons a bitches! Those guys would bring it every game no matter how neat up theu were. I think there is no doubt Martinez is up there with all of them in terms of grit.

Anyone is athletic and tough compared to Niles.

I swear to god I typed that with a Z! I don't even use autocorrect, so there goes that excuse.

I'm somewhat impressed this thread didn't turn into a Martinez slaughter house. I would be willing to bet if this article came out after his senior year, the responses might be leaning in a different direction. Time always allows you to be more objective and appreciative it seems. Anyways, this has been a solid discussion thus far.

• Fire 1

I'm somewhat impressed this thread didn't turn into a Martinez slaughter house. I would be willing to bet if this article came out after his senior year, the responses might be leaning in a different direction. Time always allows you to be more objective and appreciative it seems. Anyways, this has been a solid discussion thus far.

Agreed. He wasn't treated well at all during his career.

Remember, two of Taylor Martinez's longest and most memorable touchdown runs came in 2012, two seasons after his initial injury.

I think that 2010 injury and the rush to get him back on the field screwed with his fearlessness more than his athletic ability. That was the biggest loss.

TMs injury was very severe. I was told by a team mate of his that he actually broke the arch of his foot. Extremely painful.

When I watch clips of plays like the long run against Wisconsin, I am just amazed. You are correct, it greatly affected his cutting ability....but, even more so, it affected him mentally.

cm husker has made us all kinder and gentler to current and former players alike.

cm husker has made us all kinder and gentler to current and former players alike.

I'd like to thank him.

So what name is he currently using?

I'd like to thank him.

So what name is he currently using?

Guy Chamberlin

• Fire 2