Kieron Williams

I almost forgot about his blocked punts from a couple years ago. He was all over the place!

We need to bring that back this season.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why he's projected to be a backup, especially after leading the team in INTs last year.

Not trying to be a jerk, but the "at times" qualifier pretty much lets you say anything. I'm sure it's true. But he was the fourth-leading tackler (leading returner) and led the team in INTs last year.

So I think it's safe to say he was making a fair amount more plays than he missed.

• Fire 1

Been saying this for awhile. The guy just makes plays. Has since he was a freshman. Interceptions. Blocked punts. He can just find the ball.

Seems odd that he is now having trouble getting on the field.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/884585790508081153

Apparently he doesn't find the ball as well as you'd like to believe.

Why tweaks in Nebraska Cornhuskers secondary springs quite a bit of optimism for one analyst. Read more at landof10.com:

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/one-analyst-quite-bit-optimism-spring-tweaks-nebraska-cornhuskers-secondary

Jackson graded out really poorly last year. Things can change and players can improve but he wasn't better than Aaron last year.

Edit. He does have a knack for creating turnovers though. Just kind of a give and take with run and pass coverage

Not trying to be a jerk, but the "at times" qualifier pretty much lets you say anything. I'm sure it's true. But he was the fourth-leading tackler (leading returner) and led the team in INTs last year.

So I think it's safe to say he was making a fair amount more plays than he missed.

So what if he is? According to what you said if he makes 60 tackles and misses 59, that's a good thing?

IMO, based on watching the games, he's benefited A LOT from being in the right place at the right times. Maybe that's him having good instincts, maybe that's him getting lucky but to my untrained eye, it seems to be more of the latter.

I felt that, too. It's been a while since I watched any of last year's games, but I recall thinking that his INTs were less him making great plays on the ball and more that he was where the ball bounced after it was tipped or bounced off a pass breakup.

Been saying this for awhile. The guy just makes plays. Has since he was a freshman. Interceptions. Blocked punts. He can just find the ball.

Seems odd that he is now having trouble getting on the field.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/884585790508081153

Apparently he doesn't find the ball as well as you'd like to believe.

Why tweaks in Nebraska Cornhuskers secondary springs quite a bit of optimism for one analyst. Read more at landof10.com:

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/one-analyst-quite-bit-optimism-spring-tweaks-nebraska-cornhuskers-secondary

Jackson graded out really poorly last year. Things can change and players can improve but he wasn't better than Aaron last year.

Edit. He does have a knack for creating turnovers though. Just kind of a give and take with run and pass coverage

So, PFF is contradicting themselves?

With this staff I don't find it surprising at all.

Is this akin to "Bo's Doghouse" or a criticism of the staff's ability to get certain players on the field?

Asking out of genuine curiosity. In the last few years, and with the exception of Wilbon, I don't recall routine observations about the staff failing to get playmakers on the field. I very well may have missed this narrative, though.

IMO, based on watching the games, he's benefited A LOT from being in the right place at the right times. Maybe that's him having good instincts, maybe that's him getting lucky but to my untrained eye, it seems to be more of the latter.

I felt that, too. It's been a while since I watched any of last year's games, but I recall thinking that his INTs were less him making great plays on the ball and more that he was where the ball bounced after it was tipped or bounced off a pass breakup.

Aaron Williams pass break up against Minnesota at the end of the game. Was a great play by A Williams lucky Kieron was there

Aaron Williams pass break up against Minnesota at the end of the game. Was a great play by A Williams lucky Kieron was there

There was another at Wyoming as well