Drivers Used by Top 10 in World Golf Rankings

Mavric

In case you're in the market and looking for suggestions.

1. Dustin Johnson (312.2 yards; 1.107 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: TaylorMade M1 2017 (10.5 degrees adjusted to 11), with Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS X shaft

2. Hideki Matsuyama (301.8 yards; 0.64 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha (9 degrees), with Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8 TX shaft
3. Jordan Spieth (291.4 yards; 0.019 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: Titleist 915D2 (9.5 degrees), with Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 70 X shaft
4. Rory McIlroy (311.8 yards; 1.261 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: TaylorMade M2 2017 (8.5 degrees adjusted to 8.25), with Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 70 X TS shaft
5. Sergio Garcia (299.6 yards; 1.076 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: TaylorMade M2 2017 (9.5 degrees), with Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80 TX shaft
6. Jason Day (298.6 yards; 0.285 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: TaylorMade M1 2017 (10.5 degrees), with Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei CK Pro White 70 TX shaft
7. Henrik Stenson (285.7 yards; 0.109 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero (9 degrees), with Project X HZRDUS Yellow 62X shaft
8. Jon Rahm (305.1 yards; 0.987 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: TaylorMade M2 2017 (10.5 degrees), with Aldila Tour Green 75 TX shaft
9. Alex Noren (290.5 yards; 0.079 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero (8.5 degrees), with Fujikura Pro 53X shaft
10. Rickie Fowler (298.9 yards; 0.331 strokes gained: off-the-tee) Driver: Cobra King F7+ (8.5 degrees), with Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 70TX shaft

I am really interested in hitting the Callaway GBB Epic driver. I have heard nothing but good things about that. I don't have much interest in spending $500 for a new driver.

That is what I am playing currently. And full disclosure, after critcizing Taylormade's driver sponsorship strategy, I was fit for it when I won an all-expenses paid trip to Callaway HQ to tour the facilities and play Torrey Pines - South. :hellloooo

I am really interested in hitting the Callaway GBB Epic driver. I have heard nothing but good things about that. I don't have much interest in spending $500 for a new driver.

That is what I am playing currently. And full disclosure, after critcizing Taylormade's driver sponsorship strategy, I was fit for it when I won an all-expenses paid trip to Callaway HQ to tour the facilities and play Torrey Pines - South. :hellloooo

How do you like it? I tried a dozen Callaway Chrome Soft balls recently and I was impressed. I had always been a Titleist guy (with a dozen of Srixon mixed in last year) and I was pleased with the Chrome Soft. It was generally going farther off the tee, and did just fine around the greens.

How do you like it? I tried a dozen Callaway Chrome Soft balls recently and I was impressed. I had always been a Titleist guy (with a dozen of Srixon mixed in last year) and I was pleased with the Chrome Soft. It was generally going farther off the tee, and did just fine around the greens.

Bought a sleeve for my last round as was fairly impressed as well. Also found one of those new Volvik balls that has me intrigued as to how good of a golf ball they really are. Ive typically been a Titleist Velocity guy. For some reason I have always played pretty well with those.

Proper shaft and loft are the key - all the companies know how to make a good head. The key is to find a head that you like the "look" and sound then dialing in the correct shaft and loft. QMany did the right thing by getting fitted - it's all about launch angle and spin rate....

Proper shaft and loft are the key - all the companies know how to make a good head. The key is to find a head that you like the "look" and sound then dialing in the correct shaft and loft. QMany did the right thing by getting fitted - it's all about launch angle and spin rate....

If I were able to start playing more, I would definitely invest in club fitting to get the right driver. I could also use some new irons. I just don't play enough golf right now. I have only been out twice this year, and I will be lucky to make it a few more times this summer/fall.

This is something I need to get done. Currently playing a stock Cobra ZL Encore Stiff shaft with a 9.5 degree loft. Doesn't matter how high or low I tee the ball, my drives are in the air forever.

This is something I need to get done. Currently playing a stock Cobra ZL Encore Stiff shaft with a 9.5 degree loft. Doesn't matter how high or low I tee the ball, my drives are in the air forever.

Tee it high and swing up like an airplane taking off it will reduce the backspin and keep the ball from spinning too much.

My league partner and I were talking last week about equipment. We play on a pretty old style course that's fairly long and small greens. We were lamenting on the fact that guys used to be scratch golfers on this course with old technology and we can't do it with new technology. It made us feel really inept.

My league partner and I were talking last week about equipment. We play on a pretty old style course that's fairly long and small greens. We were lamenting on the fact that guys used to be scratch golfers on this course with old technology and we can't do it with new technology. It made us feel really inept.

My golf game isn't the only thing that makes me feel inept.

• Fire 1

My golf game isn't the only thing that makes me feel inept.

I always tell people "i've golfed my whole life. It only looks like I just started."