Chris Jones out 4-6 months

44 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

It's going to be really interesting to see what shakes out with CJ.  If he can come back for a few games and put out some good tape plus is Diaco is kept, I think it's reasonable he stays.  If he puts out some good tape and Diaco is let go, I think he's gone.  

He is a senior this year. So if he plays at all, this season will almost certainly be his last here

3 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

He is a senior this year. So if he plays at all, this season will almost certainly be his last here

For some reason the fact he's a senior slipped my mind.  I know he has a RS available.  Yeah if he plays at all this year he's gone.  The news of him coming back earlier than expected is very exciting news.  Nebraska is going to need every bullet in the clip available to fight through this season.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Let's say he miraculously is back this week.

Who do you replace by playing him?  Jackson or Lee?

Let's say he can play by next week and Kalu is healthy... do you play both of them at corner?? I think our corners have been the weak link on the defense.  Reed is a better safety than Kalu (maybe not better athlete).  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Let's say he can play by next week and Kalu is healthy... do you play both of them at corner?? I think our corners have been the weak link on the defense.  Reed is a better safety than Kalu (maybe not better athlete).  

I wonder If Diaco thinks this too, and thats why we keep playing them 8-10 yards off the LOS? Trying to keep them from getting torched deep

3 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I wonder If Diaco thinks this too, and thats why we keep playing them 8-10 yards off the LOS? Trying to keep them from getting torched deep

Maybe... I thinks that's just how he likes to play them.  There are techniques they can use that will allow them to play closer and not get burned deep.  Problem is they play 10 yards off and then they open their hips too late after their cushion is busted and they get beat deep anyway.  There is a saying out there for Db coaches, "If he's even, he's leavin'".. basically if you let him even with you, you are beat already... unless you have top end make up speed