I started watching season 1 this morning, only half way through the 2nd episode. I have a love/hate with it, I think. I get frustrated watching the kids get "babysat" for the simplest things, like bringing a pencil but no paper. It is annoying.

But I also know that that is the way things are. I have kids in my classes that are not "wastes" but just have a hard time even knowing what day of the week it is. Where I'm at: I have a hard time watching kids be disinterested in school when they should know school is required to advance in football. But I want to keep watching to see if they make it.

I'm also not sure if I like the coach or not. I'd be all in if he didn't follow up every cussing storm with the Lord's Prayer...That part of him just seems fake to me.

I started watching season 1 this morning, only half way through the 2nd episode. I have a love/hate with it, I think. I get frustrated watching the kids get "babysat" for the simplest things, like bringing a pencil but no paper. It is annoying.

But I also know that that is the way things are. I have kids in my classes that are not "wastes" but just have a hard time even knowing what day of the week it is. Where I'm at: I have a hard time watching kids be disinterested in school when they should know school is required to advance in football. But I want to keep watching to see if they make it.

I'm also not sure if I like the coach or not. I'd be all in if he didn't follow up every cussing storm with the Lord's Prayer...That part of him just seems fake to me.

That's what I thought too. The drama/stupidity will reel you in.

They definitely had to reach to fill the time with good story content and it wasn't nearly as good as season 1, but still very entertaining I think.

I was so surprised at how negatively people perceive Buddy Stevens. All of my middle and high school coaches were just like him. Don't get me wrong, I think he sucks, but I thought he was totally normal as far as small town football coaches go, and most people don't have a problem with the norm.

Buddy Stephens is not a good coach. The reason he wins is because this school spends the money to have far better facilities and players than any other school in the league. You can tell by the stadiums they play in, locker rooms and weight room. Put him in a D1 setting and hes a below average coach. He goes baserk every time a mistake is made and his team crumbles (sound like anyone we used to know). He has no control over the players...or parents for that matter. He doesnt know anything that goes on in these kids lives. If he did he would have gave Isiah a little slack after his gf had a miscarriage instead of beratting him, telling him to quit and kicking him off the field.

Telling his players the other team sucks is not a good coaching stategy either. Respect your opponent at all times. If you take them easy, your players will take them easy. I hope he gets hired at a D1 school and then gets a big dose of reality.

• Fire 1

They definitely had to reach to fill the time with good story content and it wasn't nearly as good as season 1, but still very entertaining I think.

I was so surprised at how negatively people perceive Buddy Stevens. All of my middle and high school coaches were just like him. Don't get me wrong, I think he sucks, but I thought he was totally normal as far as small town football coaches go, and most people don't have a problem with the norm.

I didn't have a problem with yelling and screaming. I had a problem with how he treated the people around him. He let Kam (the DL kid from PSU) do whatever he wanted, and yet would jump down Isiah Wright's (starting RB) throat for blinking. Also, the way he turned on the OC in the last bit of the final episode was a huge, huge, no-no for me.

Like I said, loud and tough, doesn't bother me. But... you also have to pick people up, and NEVER dress down your assistants in front of players.

Also, according to Reddit, it's moving to a new school for season 3:

Link

Independence went 5-4 last season, 4-3 in conference play. They obviously don't have the notoriety or recent national success of EMCC, but they do have a habit of putting players in D-I, including 6 players off last year's team who are going to be playing this season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/6pw1qk/last_chance_u_will_be_at_independence_community/