Trump's Voter Fraud Panel

Americans should be very concerned with these kinds of panels. Even if you support Trump/Republicans, precedent for gathering information like this is dangerous, and can (and will) be used against your political interests by someone opposed to you in the future. Once granted, presidential power is not lightly given up - if at all.

Here's Trump's remarks to the panel as it convened today. These are disturbing remarks if you believe in Democracy.

Uzybc59.jpg

• Fire 1

A sane/logical leader would not be accusatory towards everyone who pushes back against this by claiming "there's always something they are worried about".

Instead, they would ask....."what are they worried about....let's try to figure out a way to alleviate those concerns and accomplish what everyone wants.".

but......we aren't working with sane/logical.

I don't think he's being illogical, though. Not if his goal is explicitly to try to bring everyone under him to heel. Does he rationally, logically believe CNN is FakeNews, for instance? I don't think that's a relevant question for him. An environment where Trump media dominates is useful to him. Similarly with the states.

I don't think he's being illogical, though. Not if his goal is explicitly to try to bring everyone under him to heel. Does he rationally, logically believe CNN is FakeNews, for instance? I don't think that's a relevant question for him. An environment where Trump media dominates is useful to him. Similarly with the states.

He is using a strategy of discrediting any form of information where people hear that he is not doing well or did something wrong. His followers will then shun all those outlets (CNN) and only watch Fox News and watch Hannity do nothing but completely pump Trump up as the greatest leader in the history of the world.

Kris Kobach, who co-chairs this commission, was asked if Hillary Clinton didn't actually win the popular vote:

What an astounding answer! This will tell you that, even though no evidence has EVER been found of massive widespread voter fraud, this commission will find evidence of massive widespread voter fraud. Because that's the agenda.

DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Of course, the best thing about that exchange is that the reporter, Katy Tur (NBC), followed up with:

• Fire 3

Trump and I'm sure by extension this panel do not believe in science or data or facts. They believe in anecdotes that back up their already formed beliefs. Much like many of their constituents.

This panel will probably find "evidence" of fraud and I already fear how they'll deal with it. I just hope they don't have enough time to implement anything before Trump is gone.

History tells us that things don't go well for a nation or to the leaders who implement such tactics:

Paul Joseph Goebbels (German: [ˈpaʊ̯l ˈjoːzəf ˈɡœbl̩s] (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png listen);[1] 29 October 1897 – 1 May 1945) was a German politician and Reich Minister of Propaganda of Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945. He was one of Adolf Hitler's close associates and most devoted followers, and was known for his skills in public speaking and his deep, virulent antisemitism, which was evident in his publicly voiced views. He advocated progressively harsher discrimination, including the extermination of the Jews in the Holocaust.

Goebbels, who aspired to be an author, obtained a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Heidelberg in 1921. He joined the Nazi Party in 1924, and worked with Gregor Strasser in their northern branch. He was appointed as Gauleiter (district leader) for Berlin in 1926, where he began to take an interest in the use of propaganda to promote the party and its programme. After the Nazi Seizure of Power in 1933, Goebbels' Propaganda Ministry quickly gained and exerted controlling supervision over the news media, arts, and information in Germany. He was particularly adept at using the relatively new media of radio and film for propaganda purposes. Topics for party propaganda included antisemitism, attacks on the Christian churches, and (after the start of the Second World War) attempting to shape morale.

In 1943, Goebbels began to pressure Hitler to introduce measures that would produce total war, including closing businesses not essential to the war effort, conscripting women into the labour force, and enlisting men in previously exempt occupations into the Wehrmacht. Hitler finally appointed him as Reich Plenipotentiary for Total War on 23 July 1944, whereby Goebbels undertook largely unsuccessful measures to increase the number of people available for armaments production and the Wehrmacht.

As the war drew to a close and Nazi Germany faced defeat, Magda Goebbels and the Goebbels children joined him in Berlin. They moved into the underground Vorbunker, part of Hitler's underground bunker complex, on 22 April 1945. Hitler committed suicide on 30 April. In accordance with Hitler's will, Goebbels succeeded him as Chancellor of Germany; he served one day in this post. The following day, Goebbels and his wife committed suicide, after poisoning their six children with cyanide

• Fire 2

To add to my Goebbels comment above, I posted this on the ACA repeal thread and it applies here as well and maybe more so:

again separate but equal shows the power of words. This nation was torn asunder by the Civil War and then lived for decades basically another century under the pretense that 'separate but equal' was an American value. It wasn't but the political leaders of the era made it stick in the American psych and culture for a long time. He who controls the language controls the argument and we have to be aware of the same today. Trump is doing so by calling all negative media reports as Fake News. Before long that gets into the American psych and we believe it is true. Too much of the nation already believes it is true. And we have shills like Hannity reinforcing it on TV and radio. I can't believe I use to listen to him...
I once had some friends I went to college with at MOO U (SDSU - S.Dak State) who got involved in a cult like group in S.Falls. The group originally listened to many good Bible teachers. Then one by one they dropped all of the teachers but one. This one guy was on the fringe. The group in SF eventually packed up and moved to Florida and became a part of the cult's encampment. That is what happens when we hitch our butt to one person without question. Sell your soul, you lose your soul. To many on the R side are doing so.

• Fire 3