Sophomore Isaiah Roby Gets To Work In Weight Room, Seeks Breakout Year

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/husker-sophomore-isaiah-roby-gets-to-work-in-weight-room/article_3c328c58-cc4c-5af5-b21a-610d8c667895.html

If Isaiah Roby’s on-court gains this basketball season match the offseason improvements he’s made to his body, Nebraska has much to look forward to from the sophomore wing.

A recent picture on social media showing Roby’s far-more-noticeable bicep definition drew attention. Teammate Jordy Tshimanga, who was home at the time the picture went up, said he didn’t recognize at first that it was Roby.

Jack McVeigh, Roby’s roommate and team cut-up, said, “I think he’s injecting something.” (That’s a joke, folks.)

Roby smiled at those comments, just happy that he’s finally able to work himself into full basketball shape and beyond.

An injury diagnosed last July as a pelvic stress reaction that led to hip and lower abdominal pain sidetracked the 6-foot-8 four-star recruit’s development as he was forced to sit until early November.

“Last summer was terrible,” Roby said. “It was like struggle to struggle. Everybody else was getting better and I was just watching.

“They said I could have fractured my hip and been out for 10 months, so we had to really be careful. And during the season I still had some pain, so they didn’t want to push. Just playing was enough.”

Last year, Roby came to Lincoln at about 185 pounds. He recently stepped off the scale of strength coach Tim Wilson at 220.

“Coach Wilson and I have been doing a lot,” Roby said. “Last year, I couldn’t lift with my legs at all. Lifting legs and arms this time, I’ve put on a lot of weight.

“I can’t wait to continue this. This is a lot of fun.”

• Fire 2

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/husker-sophomore-isaiah-roby-gets-to-work-in-weight-room/article_3c328c58-cc4c-5af5-b21a-610d8c667895.html

If Isaiah Roby’s on-court gains this basketball season match the offseason improvements he’s made to his body, Nebraska has much to look forward to from the sophomore wing.

A recent picture on social media showing Roby’s far-more-noticeable bicep definition drew attention. Teammate Jordy Tshimanga, who was home at the time the picture went up, said he didn’t recognize at first that it was Roby.

Jack McVeigh, Roby’s roommate and team cut-up, said, “I think he’s injecting something.” (That’s a joke, folks.)

Roby smiled at those comments, just happy that he’s finally able to work himself into full basketball shape and beyond.

An injury diagnosed last July as a pelvic stress reaction that led to hip and lower abdominal pain sidetracked the 6-foot-8 four-star recruit’s development as he was forced to sit until early November.

“Last summer was terrible,” Roby said. “It was like struggle to struggle. Everybody else was getting better and I was just watching.

“They said I could have fractured my hip and been out for 10 months, so we had to really be careful. And during the season I still had some pain, so they didn’t want to push. Just playing was enough.”

Last year, Roby came to Lincoln at about 185 pounds. He recently stepped off the scale of strength coach Tim Wilson at 220.

“Coach Wilson and I have been doing a lot,” Roby said. “Last year, I couldn’t lift with my legs at all. Lifting legs and arms this time, I’ve put on a lot of weight.

“I can’t wait to continue this. This is a lot of fun.”

Funny how TM gets ripped for not playing Roby enough and how Isaiah was probably going to transfer - now we see this quote. Glad Miles isn't the complete idiot that he is mistaken for.