Elon Musk to Build NY-Philadelphia-Baltimore-DC Hyperloop?

I haven't seen any details released. For example, is this going to be a passenger transport or a ferry that can take cars?

I've long thought that the US train system would be used a lot more if it worked like a ferry and people could drive onto the train and then have their car when they got there.

Probably just passengers on would think. My only question is how exactly is this train going to get from NY to DC in 30 minutes with stops. I don't think that's possible right now considering the fastest trains in the world operate at 380 Kmph maximum. I would think this train would need to be able to go up to 450 MPH to make that kind of time

Probably just passengers on would think. My only question is how exactly is this train going to get from NY to DC in 30 minutes with stops. I don't think that's possible right now considering the fastest trains in the world operate at 380 Kmph maximum. I would think this train would need to be able to go up to 450 MPH to make that kind of time

The goal for hyperloop transport is over 700 mph.

From Wikipedia:

The Hyperloop Alpha concept was first published in August 2013, proposing and examining a route running from the Los Angeles region to the San Francisco Bay Area roughly following the Interstate 5 corridor. The paper conceived of a hyperloop system that would propel passengers along the 350-mile (560 km) route at an average speed of around 600 mph (970 km/h), with a top speed of 760 mph (1,200 km/h), allowing for a travel time of 35 minutes, which is considerably faster than current rail or air travel times. Preliminary cost estimates for this LA–SF suggested route were included in the white paper—US$6 billion for a passenger-only version, and US$7.5 billion for a somewhat larger-diameter version transporting passengers and vehicles[1] — although transportation analysts had doubts that the system could be constructed on that budget; some analysts claimed that the Hyperloop would be several billion dollars overbudget due to construction, development and operation costs.[4][5][6]
  • Fire 1

Don't think of this as a train. Think of it as one of those vacuum mail delivery systems they have at the bank on steroids and amped up to 11. The tube the train runs in is either at vacuum, or very low air pressure, which eliminates almost all friction and drag on the train. That's how the train can achieve such high speeds.