Thought it might be handy to have a location for people to post their thoughts, likes and dislikes for movies they've recently watched. I know we have the Netflix thread and dedicated topics for some individual movies but this can be used as sort of a catch all for movies that don't fit those other threads well and that may not be worthy of their own topic.

I'll start it off with the movie Life. Thought it was pretty good, better than I was expecting. Reminded me of Alien in many aspects but was not as dark and was faster paced. I'd recommend it. Don't think anyone will be pissed they watched it.

• Fire 1

21st century movies are mostly crap. Name one excellent movie from 2000 release or later ?? None IMO .....

There Will Be Blood, The Dark Knight, Moonlight, foreign films like L'Enfant...

You either a) haven't seen enough of the right movies or b) are a curmudgeon.

• Fire 4

I saw Spiderman: Homecoming last night. Super enjoyable and Tom Holland is great as Spiderman. Probably my favorite Spiderman casting of the last 15 years. There are a couple plot issues I had concerns with, and one dinky storytelling decision they made, but it's also in the modern Marvel universe. That's the way they approach some of these films, so I'm OK with it.

Highly recommended.

Saw Despicable Me 3 with the family the other day and it was surprisingly good. The bad guy was straight from the 80's which had me and my wife in stitches for some reason.

Spiderman was really good. Echoing what Enhance said with Tom Holland being great in it (not sure about better than Toby but that's for another time) and Keaton was a really relatable Vulture as well.

But Wonder Woman is still my favorite movie of the year so far with a great story, good visuals and a hard carry from Gal Gadot. Chris Pine was tolerable I guess, and the rest of the cast had good chemistry.

I still really want to see War etc of the Apes, Baby Driver, and Dunkirk though and have heard great things so fingers crossed. After a slower summer start with bombs like Pirates and Baywatch, it will be nice to see some solid summer flicks.

There Will Be Blood, The Dark Knight, Moonlight, foreign films like L'Enfant...

You either a) haven't seen enough of the right movies or b) are a curmudgeon.

Most days, curmudgeon .....

Definition of curmudgeon : a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man......... that's right; my age is 64 years old :o . Never attended movie theater for the past 15 years or so ..... me and Curtis Reeves were buddies <_<

• Fire 1

Saw Dunkirk yesterday. This is the movie I was looking forward to seeing the most this summer. It was good, but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to, I want more than just non stop action. I felt the same way about the newest Mad Max movie.

Have also seen Spider Man, Wonder Woman, and Dispicable me 3. All three were pretty good. I think I liked Spider Man the best, I liked the humor and slant they took with it. Wonder Wonman was by far the best DC movie made not directed by Chris Nolan. D3 was good, but not as good as the first 2. I loved the villan, but the brother story line was weak.

• 1 month later...