10 hours ago, The Dude said:

I liked how It Follows left absolutely everything to the imagination regarding the monster/spirit/whatever.  It's a low budget, campy horror flick but I liked it.  I don't really expect supernatural movies to be realistic.  I just think a lot of them would be better served leaving more to the imagination.  Especially if you don't have the money and/or effects talent to pull off something awesome.

I was really into Insidious until

Hide contents

they revealed the demon as a Darth Maul knockoff.  Nothing scary about a guy with makeup and contact lenses.

I get it, just not my style I guess. I felt the same way about the first Jeeper's Creepers. Loved the first half, then it slowly got out of hand IMO 

1 hour ago, 1995 Redux said:

I'll  watch Halloween, the original, every year.  It may be outdated, but the suspense was done brilliantly.  Now it's all gore and pop up shock moments.

I just watched it the other night!

Favorite John Carpenter horror flicks in order:

The Thing

Halloween

They Live

The Thing is a rare exception where the remake far exceeds the original. One of the very best horror movies ever made.  The invisible threat, the paranoia, the gradual decay of rational behavior, even the ambiguous ending.  Everything about it is just perfect.

• Plus1 1

Halloween, at one time, was the highest grossing independent film of all time, or highest grossing film in relation to the cost?  Something like that.

Ever hear about the mask?  They needed a mask for MM so some of the crew went to a store, found a mask of William Shatner...they teased out the hair, cut the eyes open a bit more and painted it white.

I was stoked to pick up The Raid and The Raid 2 in a package deal I found on Amazon after seeing both movies separately.  If anyone is looking for a couple absolute kick a$$ action films, I encourage you to check them out.  Don't worry too much about it being in subtitles, you don't need them.

On 9/22/2017 at 9:51 AM, teachercd said:

Halloween, at one time, was the highest grossing independent film of all time, or highest grossing film in relation to the cost?  Something like that.

Ever hear about the mask?  They needed a mask for MM so some of the crew went to a store, found a mask of William Shatner...they teased out the hair, cut the eyes open a bit more and painted it white.

That's hilarious.

The most underrated old slasher movie (at least that I'm aware of) is The Burning.  I'd recommend that to anyone into those.  It's basically a blatant Friday the 13th ripoff.  It's like someone saw Friday the 13th, decided to immediately do a remake, and did it better.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's hilarious.

The most underrated old slasher movie (at least that I'm aware of) is The Burning.  I'd recommend that to anyone into those.  It's basically a blatantly Friday the 13th ripoff.  It's like someone saw Friday the 13th, decided to immediately do a remake, and did it better.

I am checking that out for sure!

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Redux said:

I make it a point to watch Halloween and usually Halloween II every October.  It gets a lot of flack, but Halloween 6 is one I really enjoyed too.  4 and 5 are pretty good on their own.  III is.......different.

III shouldn't even be included with franchise. 

Halloween, Halloween II, 6, 4, 5, H2O and then, Resurrection. 

Didn't really care for the Rob Zombie versions.