On 9/24/2017 at 6:15 AM, MLB 51 said:

III shouldn't even be included with franchise. 

Halloween, Halloween II, 6, 4, 5, H2O and then, Resurrection. 

Didn't really care for the Rob Zombie versions. 

I didn't really like any of those sequels, or Rob Zombie's remakes.  I didn't really think the remakes were much worse than a bunch of those sequels, though   Maybe it's time to give the sequels a second look.

I actually think Rob Zombie would be a decent director if he would hire good writers.  He has a lot of cool ideas, but he needs people to refine those ideas.  He also needs to stop casting his wife. She's not a good actress. Although I liked her in House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.  For reasons.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Dude, I totally agree with you about RZ.

I think he tries too hard and with horror sometimes less is more.

Awesome movie that 99% of the people that post in the PR part will pretend to hate

Agree. I like some of RZ"s movie's, but he didn't really do the Halloween franchise any justice with his portrayal of MM.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I didn't realize the actor who played Pennywise in It is the brother of the actor who plays Floki in Vikings.

Pretty neat.

Also brothers with the guy that played Eric Northman in True Blood. 

Their dad is longtime actor Stellan Skarsgard, who's most notable recent credit is in the Marvel films, although he was also the Big Bad in that King Arthur movie that came out in the early 2000s. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

Went and saw Ready Player One last weekend.

First and foremost, I had a ton of fun with it. It's perhaps one of the more purely enjoyable movies I've seen in the last several years. It was just exciting. Tons of fun visually interesting designs, cool CGI. If you read the book, be prepared to see some fairly significant alterations to the story line, timeline of events, etc.

Some of the writing decisions were pretty odd, particularly with some plot holes and the fast pace nature of it all kind of skewing the story. I felt comfortable since I'd read the book, and I think it stands fine by itself, but it had a couple of moments where I felt something didn't really make sense.

Anyways, I recommend it!

ready_player_one_ver31.jpg

My brother went and saw Ready Player One last week.  He's 29 and said he caught a lot of the references but wasn't sure if someone say, 25 or younger would totally get everything unless they were a pop culture junkie.

On an unrelated note I watched PCU again and just realized that the dude who plays Gavin Belson in Silicon Valley is the guitar player.