On 4/7/2018 at 1:46 AM, Making Chimichangas said:

That's fine...I guess.  :blink:

Another M. Night Shamalama Ding Dong movie I said "WTF?!?!" to at the end was "The Village."

After that movie, I absolutely REFUSE to see another M. Night movie...I don't care how intriguing it seems.  Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

M. Night ... That guy should NEVER direct another movie.

:ahhhhhhhh

The Village was good for the first 2/3 of the movie. There was no coming back from that twist, though. 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

Has anyone seen Downsizing with Matt Damon? I wanted to see it based on the trailers but the reviews on Redbox are running about 95% worst movie ever in the history of movies. Don't think I'll even waste $1.50 on it if it's that bad.

I just watched it. Not a bad movie , but not something I will go out of my way to watch a second time.

On 4/4/2018 at 5:46 PM, teachercd said:

Quiet Place looks good, really good.

Truth or Dare looks like a fun horror movie.  Prediction...over 20 million for the first weekend.

Go see this movie in theaters. Unless you have a fairly high end home theater, this movie begs to be seen in a theater with the sound around you. The sound design sucks you in and makes you feel like you are in the movie too. 

24 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Go see this movie in theaters. Unless you have a fairly high end home theater, this movie begs to be seen in a theater with the sound around you. The sound design sucks you in and makes you feel like you are in the movie too. 

Ahhh, thanks!  I hardly see movies in the theater but scary movies are more fun in the theater so I might check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched Blade Runner 2049. Visually entertaining and the sound design was great, especially if you have an UHD TV and a good sound system. The story is amusing but it hits some real lulls and I felt it could've been told better in a more succinct fashion.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...

Just watched Eye In The Sky for the 2nd time. It came out in 2016 and is currently on Starz. Very good look into the use of drones and the moral/ethical/legal issues surrounding their use for military strikes. I really liked the movie and found it riveting and suspenseful.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife entertains several movie/show interests of mine and, admittedly, it's very disproportionate. So, I feel I owed her one when she said she wanted to go see A Star is Born.

Objectively speaking, this is not a good movie. It suffers from a disjointed tone, awkward writing, inconsistent direction and a dysfunctional attempt at highlighting the pitfalls of misogyny.  It's confusing, unbelievable and somewhat sardonic.