8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It's pretty rare that we see a movie in a theatre on it's opening weekend but we went to Rocketman last night. I've got mixed feelings. On one hand, it was interesting, pretty well done and I learned a bit about Elton John that didn't know.  But on the other hand, it felt pretty superficial and was nowhere near the same level as Bohemian Rhapsody. That may be an unfair comparison but it is somewhat unavoidable due to subject matter and timing. Anyway, I guess I'd recommend waiting for a less expensive than theatre trip to see it. Not sure the big screen did much for the experience that you couldn't get at home.

Just my guess...him being alive still probably changes the movie a bit.

This seems like something that should have been done after he died.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Hotel Mumbai via Redbox.  Really good.  Based on the 2008 terrorist attacks that took place in 2008 at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai, India.  Solid cast, Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire, Chappie, Lion) Armie Hammer (lots of stuff) and Nazanin Boniadi (Homeland, Nora from How I Met Your Mother).  Well shot, really suspenseful at times.  Has at times, pretty graphic violence.  8/10.

Welcome To Marwen...Interesting story about a guy who built a fantasy land after getting PTSD from getting attacked.  I really like Steve Carell...I really like Robert Zemeckis...I couldn't get into at all.  It jumps around way too much and the stop motion scenes throw the movie totally off the tracks for me.  I stopped it halfway through.  3/10.

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" is good. Really, really good. Might be the best Spider-Man flick of them all. And it helped me teach the Spider-Man theme to my 2 year old. 

It's excellent.  I'm usually not a huge animated movie guy but damn it's good.  Great soundtrack, really cool twist on the story.  Really slick animation.