Huskers @ Advocare Invitational

Miles and Mullen both talked to the tournament after their first game was announced. They always planned to be on opposites side of the bracket.

What I found interesting, is that if they do meet again in the tournament, it is reported that they both decided it would be an exhibition game (W/L wouldn't count toward their record - only the first meeting). i don't think I've ever heard of that in season. It is no different than meeting a conference opponent twice - I wonder if they will change their mind on that.

Nebraska will have a tall task at hand, as the Huskers will open the Advocare Invitational with UCF on Thanksgiving. Tipoff is at 5 p.m. (CT) and the game will be carried on ESPN3.

The pairings were announced by ESPN on Wednesday for the four-day tournament this November. The tournament takes place just outside Orlando at the HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports. It will mark the first meeting in basketball between the two schools.

It will mark the third time in the last four years that NU has essentially played a road game in one of the neutral-site tournament. In 2014-15, the Huskers faced Hawaii in the opening round of the Diamondhead Classic, and NU faced UCLA in Fullerton, Calif., as part of the 2016 Wooden Legacy.

Nebraska will play either West Virginia or Marist in the second round on Nov. 24 with the final day of competition set for Sunday, Nov. 26. The teams on the other side of the bracket include Long Beach State, Missouri, Oregon State and St. John’s. All 12 games in Orlando will be carried on an ESPN platform and available on the WatchESPN app.

Huskers.com