2018 PF Nate Roberts [Washington Commit]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/09/syracuse_basketball_target_nate_roberts_discusses_his_final_3_schools.html

Nate Roberts, a 6-foot-11 senior at Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., narrowed his list of college choices down to three schools this week. Roberts' final three consists of Syracuse, Washington and Nebraska. In cutting his list to three schools, Roberts eliminated Wake Forest and Connecticut.

A long, lanky left-hander, the Baltimore native previously attended that city's John Carroll High School. He is ranked just outside the top 100 players in the 2018 class by most recruiting services, but insiders talk about his potential based on his offensive skills and a growth spurt that saw him sprout up three inches over the past year.

Roberts will take the last of his official campus visits this weekend to Syracuse University. 

"Overall fit would be good because all the tools are in line for me to maximize my potential and that's with Washington, Syracuse, and Nebraska,'' Roberts said. "I just believe that I adapt and adjust to any situation well, so as long as I'm comfortable in my own skin there it doesn't matter where I go.''

Nebraska: In talking about Nebraska, Roberts talked about how Nebraska coach Tim Miles wants Roberts to help rebuild the program. One other interesting note. Roberts mentions Nebraska assistant Kenya Hunter, who is a native of Arlington, Va., and previously worked as an assistant at Georgetown. "Coach Miles and Coach Hunter have been recruiting me for some time now. They constantly talk to me about the plan they have ready for me and the tools I would be given if I were to go there. Both coaches' relationships with me have been great. The program is not necessarily in a rebuilding process, but they want to make the right steps to get them over the edge and by recruiting me they believe I am one of those pieces that can help do that.'' 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to 2018 PF Nate Roberts [Washington Commit]