2018 C Brady Heiman [Signed LOI- Nebraska]

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/platteview-big-man-brady-heiman-doesn-t-shy-away-from/article_40a373d2-7cb6-11e7-82eb-0bea119a29d6.html

Platteview senior Brady Heiman wanted to move quickly after receiving an offer from Nebraska on Sunday. On Tuesday morning, Heiman called coach Tim Miles and committed to Nebraska.

“I am honored to have such excellent programs interested in me, but I feel strongly about Nebraska basketball and my opportunity in the Big Ten,” Heiman said. “I know Coach Miles and his staff believe in me and will help me reach my full potential.”
It has been a good week for Nebraska and coach Tim Miles as Heiman is the second commitment in as many days for the Huskers. Thorir Thorbjarnarson from Iceland committed on Monday and will be eligible for the upcoming season.
“Growing up in Husker nation instills a sense of pride for your home state,” he said. “It is impossible to not want to be a part of that.”
Heiman would be the first in-state high school player to accept a scholarship and play for the Huskers since the 2002-03 season, when Wes Wilkinson of Grand Island and Jason Dourisseau and Roy Enright of Omaha Burke were true freshman.
Heiman’s high school coach, Tim Brotzki, has seen Heiman play since the senior post player was in third grade. Brotzki said he’s excited.
“I think Coach Miles sees what some other people see and the feeling that Brady is only going to get better,” Brotzki said. “I think with some development Brady can be a special player for Nebraska in years to come.”
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Sautter (OWH HS Sports Writer) ranks Heiman as the #1 prospect in the state of NE: 

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/nebraska-prep-boys-basxketball-recruiting-rankings/article_ef3735c4-23a5-11e7-a057-f328b5ac3751.html

Evaluation: Evaluation: Heiman combines tremendous height with uncanny shot-blocking instincts, making him a force in the paint on the defensive end. He’s a strong rebounder as well who is developing a post game, but needs to add strength. He has taken major strides offensively and has become a playmaker out of the high post.

• 1 month later...