2018 C Brady Heiman [Signed LOI- Nebraska]

4 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Most who watch his highlight tapes would agree with you, however it was gonna be us or Creighton it sounded like and as long as he takes the redshirt year it’s hard to beat having 4 years of a 6’10” guy that grew up 45 mins from Lincoln 

He definitely needs to redshirt.  The difference in the game was their 6'4" point guard who is going to Wayne St.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

https://hailvarsity.com/s/4153/heiman-uses-summer-league-to-hone-skills-hell-need-as-a-husker

For Heiman, the league is a fun break from summer workouts down in Lincoln and also gives him an outlet to experiment with some of the skills he’s been working on.

“I don’t know how many 3s I took today, but it’s definitely more than what I shoot on game day, but I think putting them up in practice is definitely helping me,” Heiman said.

Heiman wasn’t shy about getting shots up from deep throughout league play. He shot 2-of-5 from deep on Monday with both of the makes drawing nothing but net. Heiman has also shown some mid-range touch, favoring a Dirk Nowitzki-esque fadeaway jumper out of the mid-post. With his slight frame, Heiman hasn’t been able to rely on getting deep post position in workouts and has been focusing more on developing that jumper.

“I think that’s just what it is — practice, keep doing it over and over again,” Heiman said. “That’s what they want, a four or five who can shoot.”

Heiman knows he’ll have to be able to hold his own inside when the time comes for him to set foot on the court at Pinnacle Bank Arena and his working hard this summer to help him prepare for that day.

“Lifts have been tough, trying to gain strength, which I have,” Heiman said. “It’s fun seeing the numbers go up every week. You get in a little better shape every week; just going up against those guys have been tough.”

“Those guys” refers to the likes of bruising walk-on Tanner Borchardt, uber-athletic Isaiah Roby and sharp-shooting Isaac Copeland. 

• Plus1 1
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...