Rick Perry is an idiot

Remember when Rick Perry started wearing those glasses so he'd look smarter?

It isn't helping.

U.S. energy secretary Rick Perry duped into fake interview with Russian comedians
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry optimistically discussed expanding American coal exports to Ukraine and other energy matters during a lengthy phone call this month with a Russian prankster who Perry thought was Ukraine's prime minister.

Perry actually was talking with comedians known in Russia for targeting celebrities and politicians with audacious stunts, Energy Department spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes said in a written statement.

During the 22-minute call on July 19, Perry, whose department oversees the U.S. nuclear weapons program, discussed a range of topics in a business-like tone, including sanctions against Russia and helping Ukraine develop oil and gas.

Perry said the Trump administration opposes Nord Stream 2, a Russian project to bring natural gas to Europe across the Baltic and that U.S. technology could help Ukraine develop gas.

"Giving Ukraine more options with some of our technology is, I think, in everyone's best interest with the exception of the Russians, but that's OK," he said.

Perry also discussed the Paris climate accord and coal exports on the call.

The call, first reported by E&E news, was recorded and posted online.

Here it is if you want to listen

I just saw this, too. How in the world do comedians get access to those phone numbers? And what protocols are usually followed before taking an unsolicited call as someone as high up in the government as Perry?

It looks like he is far from the first official to be pranked, but....

Guy in charge of the nukes, everybody.

I asked several times for a GOPer (especially all those 100% Pro life, heart beats, every life matters GOPers) to reconcile how they can sleep at night, knowing this buffoon is in charge of the most destructive force the world has ever seen. I'm yet to hear anything from a virtuous GOPer.

His predecessor had a PhD in theoretical physics. Rick Perry got a D in meats.

I have no idea how people are OK with people like this in such powerful positions in government. I guess all they really want is someone with the right look who gives all the right rah rah speeches about the greatness of America.

• Fire 2

His predecessor had a PhD in theoretical physics. Rick Perry got a D in meats.

I have no idea how people are OK with people like this in such powerful positions in government. I guess all they really want is someone with the right look who gives all the right rah rah speeches about the greatness of America.

First line: :laughpound no wait :cry

2nd line:

Perry is willing to hold Trump's water in exchange for a Title .

• Fire 1

He got a D in plane trigonometry (Math 103) and failed organic chemistry (Chem 228)!

Not exactly high level courses and probably pretty useful to a energy position!

:throw

I agree that Perry's transcript is a joke, and that he is an idiot, but I do not agree with your assertion that Organic Chemistry is an easy course. I failed it twice, and finally passed with a "C" (it was a required course for me).

Organic chemistry involves a great deal of rote memorization combined with some high-level problem-solving. Miss a class and you are f@cked, regardless of intelligence or ability to skate by in other classes. (I consider myself an expert in that area)

• Fire 1

He got a D in plane trigonometry (Math 103) and failed organic chemistry (Chem 228)!

Not exactly high level courses and probably pretty useful to a energy position!

:throw

I agree that Perry's transcript is a joke, and that he is an idiot, but I do not agree with your assertion that Organic Chemistry is an easy course. I failed it twice, and finally passed with a "C" (it was a required course for me).

Organic chemistry involves a great deal of rote memorization combined with some high-level problem-solving. Miss a class and you are f@cked, regardless of intelligence or ability to skate by in other classes. (I consider myself an expert in that area)

Yeah, trig & organic chem weren't so easy for this one either ...