Rick Perry is an idiot

He got a D in plane trigonometry (Math 103) and failed organic chemistry (Chem 228)!

Not exactly high level courses and probably pretty useful to a energy position!

:throw

I agree that Perry's transcript is a joke, and that he is an idiot, but I do not agree with your assertion that Organic Chemistry is an easy course. I failed it twice, and finally passed with a "C" (it was a required course for me).

Organic chemistry involves a great deal of rote memorization combined with some high-level problem-solving. Miss a class and you are f@cked, regardless of intelligence or ability to skate by in other classes. (I consider myself an expert in that area)

My roommates and friends that took it complained about it, but with even a decent work ethic I too thought it involved mostly memorization and regurgitating lots of info.

I also said they aren't high level classes. College courses, even entry level, should require intellectual abilities to complete. You need one of those two classes as a base for engineering, physics, doctors, pharmacist, construction management, environmental sciences positions, almost anything dealing with heavy machinery, etc. or, you know, a energy director position.

I literally broke out laughing in my office when I read this in light of our discussions here.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rick-perry-replace-jeff-sessions-attorney-general/2017/07/27/id/804177/

President Donald Trump's best route to replace Jeff Sessions would be the "Vacancies Reform Act," which gives him authority to appoint an acting head of the Justice Department with someone who has already been confirmed, The Washington Post reported.

The catch: Sessions would have to resign as attorney general to keep the courts away, the Post reported.

"The statute says that it applies when the current officeholder 'dies, resigns or is otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office,'" Georgetown University law professor Paul Butler told the Post. "That suggests that there might be a difference and the act might not apply if the person is fired."

So Trump could ostensibly replace Sessions with Energy Secretary Rick Perry — appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate, the Post reported.

Using the Vacancies Act might seem extreme, but Trump's other options are fraught with even more doubt, the Post reported:

• The traditional way via Senate confirmation. Not going to happen, not this year, says judiciary committee chairman Sen. Chuck Grassley.
  • 3 weeks later...

On 7/26/2017 at 8:39 AM, Fru said:

Guy in charge of the nukes, everybody.

I asked several times for a GOPer (especially all those 100% Pro life, heart beats, every life matters GOPers) to reconcile how they can sleep at night, knowing this buffoon is in charge of the most destructive force the world has ever seen. I'm yet to hear anything from a virtuous GOPer.

I'll answer, I'm able to sleep at night, because for the first time in my life (9 presidential elections), I didn't vote for the Republican in the general election. Full disclosure, I didn't vote for the Democrat either.  My guess there are a great number of conservatives like me who didn't vote for the Republican or Democrat either.

• Plus1 1