Nebraska Games without cable?

Thinking of getting rid of cable and just using Hulu and Netflix, but we've kept cable specifically for Husker Football.

I've tried the likes of justin.tv, but it's not a reliable feed and you know we can't run the risk of missing any plays.

My question for all of you crazy Husker fans like us...

Is there a service or site you go with, outside of cable tv, that is reliable where you don't have to worry about missing a game?

(Please move if there is an appropriate place for this feed)

Thank you all in advance! GBR!

• Fire 1

I just watch at a sports bar where the local UNL Alumni Association hosts their watch parties. Even if I have dinner there a few weekends a month during the fall, it's still cheaper than a cable plan with all the channels that Husker games are shown on.

http://www.huskeralum.org/find-a-watch-site

http://www.huskeralum.org/s/1620/social.aspx?sid=1620&gid=1&pgid=409

I'm in the same boat (assuming the wife can stream Bravo) . I thinking of trying to explore whatever sling can do, I feel like if I can pay to stream BTN or some ESPN it would close the gap on what games may be missed. At the end of the day not being able to DVR games and other shows is what may keep me on the $150/month plans. So close yet sooooooooooo far to figuring out how to cut the cord, and be legit, I don't mind paying.

• Fire 1

I have PlayStation Vue and use an antenna for ABC. I get BTN, ESPN, ESPN2, and Fox for when we have PAC 12 games. I pay $35 a month but I think it is going up to $45 soon. Service is reliable and they have DVR.

I concur. The only caveat for me is that the "virtual DVR" can't be watched while it is recording. I used to like watching Football "on delay" so I can ff commercials and timeouts.

My dad really likes VUE because he is a NASCAR fan, and they have NBCSports and FOXSports. Also he has it record NASCAR whenever it is on, any channel.

Unless we're playing an away game at location that has an off-channel for their TV contract (e.g. when we played at Fresno State and CBS Sports Network carried our game), our games will be on:

• Fox Sports 1/2
  • FOX OTA
  • ABC OTA
  • ESPN Suite
  • BTN

Also, it's already been announced that Fox OTA will carry the Nebraska @ Oregon tilt, so we're covered this year, and our next away non-con is @ Colorado, so we should be covered by FOX OTA there too.

I'd recommend in order of preference:

• Hulu Live (All channels are available*)
  • YouTube TV (All channels are available*)
  • PlayStation Vue (ABC OTA is not available; rest of the channels are*)
  • Sling TV (All channels except ABC OTA and BTN are available*)

*ABC and FOX OTA channels are available provided the individual local OTA providers have contracts with the respective digital streaming services. So smaller markets (e.g. Lincoln, Omaha) may not have their local OTA channels available, whereas larger markets (e.g. Dallas, New York, Los Angeles) are more likely to have brokered deals.

Also, here's a guide/FAQ from the Cordcutters Reddit that specifically covers collegiate football and breaks down the best options by conference as well as overall. https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/wiki/collegesports

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Unless we're playing an away game at location that has an off-channel for their TV contract (e.g. when we played at Fresno State and CBS Sports Network carried our game), our games will be on:

• Fox Sports 1/2
  • FOX OTA
  • ABC OTA
  • ESPN Suite
  • BTN

Also, it's already been announced that Fox OTA will carry the Nebraska @ Oregon tilt, so we're covered this year, and our next away non-con is @ Colorado, so we should be covered by FOX OTA there too.

I'd recommend in order of preference:

• Hulu Live (All channels are available)
  • YouTube TV (All channels are available)
  • PlayStation Vue (ABC OTA is not available; rest of the channels are)
  • Sling TV (All channels except ABC OTA and BTN are available)

Also, here's a guide/FAQ from the Cordcutters Reddit that specifically covers collegiate football and breaks down the best options by conference as well as overall. https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/wiki/collegesports

Hulu Live does not have ABC available in Omaha. It is only in a few cities just like Playstation Vue. You can watch those ABC games with the ABC App or the WatchESPN App. All ABC games are on Watch ESPN

If you want to cut cable and go with streaming TV:

1) Better have great internet

2) Streaming always seems to be a little behind (not a big deal, but if you have others who text you "WTF was that?" before the play happens

I don't like paying the extra $35/month or whatever it comes out to be for cable, but it's still the best option IMO