Gender/Transgender In The Military & In General

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe I’ve mentioned this before, but here is a thought I’ve slways had on this. 

If if our country needs defended, why SHOULDN’T people in groups like this help defend it?

Why should we just depend on white, male, straight people to go die for our country?

Because they're different and scarry. Like women they can be dangerous and confuse our young men in the heat of combat with thoughts of their genitalia.

All jokes aside, I don't think the government should be paying for reassignment surgery, unless it is covered under an insurance policy some how. I also think it would occur on such a small scale that I really could not careless, and the price to legislate this trival issue will cost much more than we would ever spend on paying for the procedure. This is a non-issue created by bigots. Transsexual,  bisexual,  homosexual, and heterosexual people should all be allowed to serve their country. As you said, why should we stop anyone from volunteering to do a job only 1% have the courage to volunteer for.

Edited by ZRod
  • Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't think the government should be paying for reassignment surgery

This is the only decent argument I know of. It can be argued that their quality of living is low if they can't get the surgery, but it's not a life threatening issue. Even if you're going to consider gender reassignment surgery as a way of preventing depression/suicide, there are lots of other non-insured treatments for depression for other people.

If the government doesn't pay for reassignment surgery, or other types of things we can think of (separate dorms), there is literally no reason whatsoever that transgender people shouldn't be allowed in the military.

Edited by Moiraine