Osborne gives up North Stadium box - Now a Season Ticket Holder

• 8 months later...

Tom Osborne gave up his skybox in Memorial Stadium before last season.

Although he's been a more visible presence at the stadium since the hiring of Scott Frost, the former Nebraska head coach has no plans of being in the box for games this season -- at least not on a regular basis.

"Now, the athletic department did say there might be some value in me entertaining a few people there," Osborne said. "So I may at times be in that box. But there's some other people that I've told I'll sit with for games. I bought a couple seats in the stadium, so I'm pretty well covered."

Before last season, Osborne had watched games from a skybox in North Stadium since 2007.

I told Osborne that I found it sort of odd that he bought tickets -- you know, since the playing field at Memorial Stadium is called Tom Osborne Field, for obvious reasons.

"The athletic department called and they were trying to say, 'Why don't you come back if you want to sit (in the skybox) and entertain a few folks?'" Osborne said. "By then I already bought a couple tickets. That’s OK. I probably needed to buy some anyway. That worked out."

OWH

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I love him.

Imagine being the people who find out he's in their area.

Yeah I also imagine him being next to some inebriated loon who's complaining that we're not running the ball or using the fullback.  Or how Scott Frost should be fired for calling a pass on 3rd and 1.  

I also might have too much time on my hands.  ;)

• Plus1 1