Fall Camp News & Notes

19 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nah, you just like to bag on me that's all.

I know who Kendrick Lamar is...he's just not my thing...I've listened to him a handful of times and came away not impressed.  I'm not old to do #hiphophogwash and I have a younger son, so I'm not too far out of touch.

I also think his lyrics are better than the average hip hop artist out there...but, they're not as great as people say they are.  You want great lyrics and hip hop, you don't think of Kendrick Lamar.  You think of Del the Funky Homosapien, Lupe Fiasco and Illogic...all who have been doing intellectual rap and hip hop LOOOOONG before Kendrick Lamar dropped a 50 cent word into the middle of one of his verses and people crowned him lyrical king.

But hey, it was cool for the team which is nice.  I just think Kendrick Lamar is overrated as an artist.  Opinions vary I suppose.

Wow dude this is a humongous backpedal from saying that he isn't an artist and condescendingly acting like you don't know who he is.

• Plus1 5

Seven time Grammy winning artists aren't "overrated." Dislike the style if you want, but leave it at that.

As a side note, I did find it ridiculous some fans were bashing the staff/players for this opportunity on Twitter. Apparently, you're not allowed to have fun or give a nice gift to your players unless they're conference champs.

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Who the hell is Kendrick Lamar?

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'd like to swing it back around to topic though so if you'd like to chat about this, please let's take it to PM.

Is it because this didn't go how you planned and you don't want to play anymore?

The topic at hand was Kendrick Lamar :lol: Pretty cool deal for the players. What's funny to me is if a booster bought these tickets for the players there'd be hell to pay, but if a booster buys these tickets for the athletic department, who gives them to the players, nobody bats an eye.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Enhance89 said:

Seven time Grammy winning artists aren't "overrated." Dislike the style if you want, but leave it at that.

As a side note, I did find it ridiculous some fans were bashing the staff/players for this opportunity on Twitter. Apparently, you're not allowed to have fun or give a nice gift to your players unless they're conference champs.

Hate to say it but our fans, especially the ones on twitter, are pathetic sometimes. Be happy for the kids, they're experiencing stuff most could only dream off. Social media sucks because you have so many butthurt people that so quick and willing to share their (negative) opinion.  They're probably just as miserable in real life. 

• Plus1 1

I think it is awesome they went, and it looked like the players really appreciated it.  I'm just curious how it works.  How is it okay to do this as a team, but not get supplemental text books?

It's obviously not against NCAA rules, at least I would assume the consultants on staff would check before doing something like this.  I'm just curious how this is different.

1 hour ago, huskerfan120889 said:

Hate to say it but our fans, especially the ones on twitter, are pathetic sometimes. Be happy for the kids, they're experiencing stuff most could only dream off. Social media sucks because you have so many butthurt people that so quick and willing to share their (negative) opinion.  They're probably just as miserable in real life. 

Perfect example below:

• Plus1 2

I can honestly say I can't even think of a single opinion of yours from the past. I truly do not pay any attention to who says what outside a small handful of people, so I guess the answer is that I usually think your opinions are wrong, even though I couldn't for the life of me tell you what any of them are.

But me going after you about your high-and-mighty "derp whos kendrick lamar lol definitely not art" shtick is not personal to you, I promise. I'd let anyone who had that perspective know that I think it's ignorant.

• Plus1 1