Fall Camp News & Notes

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I think it's awesome they went.  I'm just sincerely curious as to how the logistics worked, I'm not trying to rain on the parade.

Again, I'm sure it is legal.  I'm GLAD it is legal.  I'm just curious as to "why" it is legal.   Haven't seen an explanation anywhere.

No one here probably understands why it's legal, if you're really that concerned, could probably reach out to the athletic compliance department. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

This hasn't been on topic for at least the last page.

"Fall Camp News/Notes" is a pretty generic thread title for good reason. I see the nexus between it and the players being rewarded for what has been (presumably) a good camp. However, turning it into an anecdotal platform to share an opinion on music or an artist is not germane.

• Plus1 1

@BlitzFirst, a member seemed concerned with a topic in this thread and I tried (as best I could) to explain why I felt some of it was germane and some of it was not.

The intent still stands - discussing a benefit (aka tickets to a concert) given to the players for a (presumably) positive camp is relevant to the thread. A treatise on the artist and his talent (or lack there of) is not. That's the end of the story. I shouldn't have to explain this.

If people want to discuss their thoughts on the act of giving the tickets, please continue. Anything else from here out will be moved.

• Plus1 2
47 minutes ago, Enhance89 said:

@BlitzFirst, a member seemed concerned with a topic in this thread and I tried (as best I could) to explain why I felt some of it was germane and some of it was not.

The intent still stands - discussing a benefit (aka tickets to a concert) given to the players for a (presumably) positive camp is relevant to the thread. A treatise on the artist and his talent (or lack there of) is not. That's the end of the story. I shouldn't have to explain this.

If people want to discuss their thoughts on the act of giving the tickets, please continue. Anything else from here out will be moved.

Is giving out tickets any different when they have the ice cream trucks show up after practice?  I don't know.  I guess it's ok as long as the players didn't go out and scalp the tickets or trade them for tattoos 

17 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Is giving out tickets any different when they have the ice cream trucks show up after practice?  I don't know.  I guess it's ok as long as the players didn't go out and scalp the tickets or trade them for tattoos 

I guess Snow Cones are good, USC did that and they should be fairly well versed in NCAA infraction policy by now.