Fall Camp News & Notes

Who were the toxins?

Depends who you ask!

most of the toxins left are posters on this board who can't let go of things.

So you are firmly in the camp of "no excuses" right? Riley needs to win or well...

Also...are you saying that fans can now impact the wins/losses?

there is more to it than just winning IMO...and i am happy with Riley so far.

and fans can only help the results if the players can actually get a boost from the crowd at the stadium......or they can hurt if they harass the kids to much away from campus or on twitter.etc.

There is more than just winning...for about two years. But this is a business based on wins especially at NU.

• Fire 1

Who were the toxins?

Depends who you ask!

most of the toxins left are posters on this board who can't let go of things.

So you are firmly in the camp of "no excuses" right? Riley needs to win or well...

Also...are you saying that fans can now impact the wins/losses?

there is more to it than just winning IMO...and i am happy with Riley so far.

and fans can only help the results if the players can actually get a boost from the crowd at the stadium......or they can hurt if they harass the kids to much away from campus or on twitter.etc.

There is more than just winning...for about two years. But this is a business based on wins especially at NU.

oh well. nothing i can do about it either way so not going to worry or argue about it. g'day

Please define excuses.

Sure...I will define them as I see them.

1. Not the right QB for his system

2. No depth on the OL

3. Bad DC that should have been fired while at OSU

4. Toxins

1 and 3 were things he could have rectified, too. He could have tried to bring in a guy to compete with Tommy (at least for 2016) and he could have gone with a different D.C. from the very beginning.

So, championship or this team sucks and heads should roll.

No matter what.

No...there are no more excuses for the coaches. I think you are missing what I am saying. Years one and two there were "excuses" so that things were not blamed on Riley. Those are now all gone. So a crappy season this year falls on him.

• Fire 3

So, championship or this team sucks and heads should roll.

No matter what.

No...there are no more excuses for the coaches. I think you are missing what I am saying. Years one and two there were "excuses" so that things were not blamed on Riley. Those are now all gone. So a crappy season this year falls on him.

Well....from the "expectations" thread, it sounds like if we don't win a championship the season sucks.

So, if the season sucks because we didn't win a championship, then Riley needs to be held accountable and fired.....because there is no reasonable excuse for having a bad season.

Glad to know now that it's championship or he needs to be fired.