Fall Camp News & Notes

So, championship or this team sucks and heads should roll.

No matter what.

No...there are no more excuses for the coaches. I think you are missing what I am saying. Years one and two there were "excuses" so that things were not blamed on Riley. Those are now all gone. So a crappy season this year falls on him.

Well....from the "expectations" thread, it sounds like if we don't win a championship the season sucks.

So, if the season sucks because we didn't win a championship, then Riley needs to be held accountable and fired.....because there is no reasonable excuse for having a bad season.

Glad to know now that it's championship or he needs to be fired.

I guess I agree with you. Win it all or can him.

So, championship or this team sucks and heads should roll.

No matter what.

No...there are no more excuses for the coaches. I think you are missing what I am saying. Years one and two there were "excuses" so that things were not blamed on Riley. Those are now all gone. So a crappy season this year falls on him.

Well....from the "expectations" thread, it sounds like if we don't win a championship the season sucks.

So, if the season sucks because we didn't win a championship, then Riley needs to be held accountable and fired.....because there is no reasonable excuse for having a bad season.

Glad to know now that it's championship or he needs to be fired.

I guess I agree with you. Win it all or can him.

can i negative rep this post?

• Fire 1

Ohio State too. I think Domann would have been set to have a huge year for that reason. He could be that sort of hybrid S/LB you see in 3-4s around the country that would help in coverage and against the run. No doubt in my mind that he would have seen a lot of snaps this year.

Hoping Antonio Reed can fill that LB/S hybrid role. He has size to be that guy.

Ohio State too. I think Domann would have been set to have a huge year for that reason. He could be that sort of hybrid S/LB you see in 3-4s around the country that would help in coverage and against the run. No doubt in my mind that he would have seen a lot of snaps this year.

Hoping Antonio Reed can fill that LB/S hybrid role. He has size to be that guy.
Reed is so big now that's he's just not extremely fluid in coverage.

Media guys noting their access has been scaled back this year so probably not getting quite as much depth to their observations. They had been allowed to watch Saturday practices which were often scrimmages but it's been moved to Thursday this year where not as much is going on. Also, today they had to watch from across a the practice field closest to Hawks while most of the practice was on the far field and a lot of the players not involved in the current drill/play were standing in the way.

Most are guess that Diaco had a big role in not wanting to show as much.

Media guys noting their access has been scaled back this year so probably not getting quite as much depth to their observations. They had been allowed to watch Saturday practices which were often scrimmages but it's been moved to Thursday this year where not as much is going on. Also, today they had to watch from across a the practice field closest to Hawks while most of the practice was on the far field and a lot of the players not involved in the current drill/play were standing in the way.

Most are guess that Diaco had a big role in not wanting to show as much.

That gosh darn Diaco.... what're we going to do with him

He could have tried to bring in a guy to compete with Tommy (at least for 2016) and he could have gone with a different D.C. from the very beginning.

Most fans would've said they were comfortable with Armstrong in 2015 and 2016. Few predicted or would have expected him to stagnate in his development. In fact, a pervasive opinion around the time was stability at QB would mean they could focus on other important areas.

As for the D.C., I won't begrudge anyone who feels that way. They have a valid argument.

Huskerboard is a far more intimate and smaller operation than Reddit. It's common for hundreds if not thousands of people to react to Reddit comments, and that's generally not the case here.

We had posters who joined the board, posted an unpopular/misguided take and were neg. repped into oblivion. It damaged their experienced and hindered debate. The current system is more rewarding and less invasive to the user experience.

• Fire 2