Fall Camp Updates - Receivers & Tight Ends

Yep. A healthy DPE with solid WR skills makes Stanley that much more of a threat. Add a capable TE to the mix and a QB that can complete northward of 60% of his passes and we may have a respectable passing game.

Now we just need an Offensive Line to give that QB time, and a run game to keep defenses honest.  We're like 10% of the way there!  :D

• Plus1 3

The Nebraska fan in Brett Classen often still can’t believe it. In some ways, he’s living a fantasy every day.

Classen was a no-name prospect out of Wayzata (Minnesota) High School in 2013. Now the 22-year-old senior wide receiver often lines up in the slot next to touted true freshman Tyjon Lindsey, who has more recruiting stars (four) than Classen has college catches (one).

The two are usually on the field together during two-minute drills. If they are discussing routes before a snap, though, Classen is the one talking. He doesn’t burn defenders deep, but at least he can benefit the guy who will.

“Tyjon is still learning the playbook; I know the playbook pretty well,” Classen said. “He can ask me any questions, and I’m glad to help because he’s the future of Nebraska and I’ve got one year left. So whatever I can do to help instill good morals and know the playbook and get the future going again.”

OWH

• Plus1 1