This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Chase Cota
Hometown: Medford, Oregon
School: South Medford
Position: Wide Receiver
Height: 6-4
Weight: 195
40 time: 4.53
Offers: Alabama, Boise State, California, Georgia, Louisville, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, USC, Utah, Vanderbilt, Washington State
Visits:

Twitter

247 Composite: #130 Overall; #27 WR; .9453;  :star :star :star :star

Rivals: #194 Overall; #38 WR; :star :star :star :star
247: #85 Overall; #12 WR; :star :star :star :star
Scout: #37 Overall; #8 WR; :star :star :star :star
ESPN: #287 Overall; #44 WR; :star :star :star :star

Hudl

Not sure if he has been doing this after every offer he has gotten, but he pinned the tweet that Mav posted. All oregon on crystal ball projections, wondering if this guy will visit during the season and if he does we may have a legit shot here. Until that happens I won't get my hopes up, also around 6'4 so he would be one of those taller receivers that we have been lacking.

I obviously don't know what recruits are thinking and what each one prioritizes in their recruitment. However I'd be shocked if he left Oregon. I have to think that he's gunna think he's going to play early. Oregon's WR depth is not very good right now. The guys they are supposed to snag in this class will play early and often. Cota, Devon Williams, Warren Thompson and hopefully Bryan Addison (not sure if Oregon is looking at him as WR or Safety, but pry WR considering the DB class already this year).

Will say, for whatever reason Cota's offer from NU puts me on edge a little more so just because of the Riley connection but also, during most of Cota's football life Oregon State spent a lot of time getting pounded by big brother. Oregon has had national success.

We'll see. I hope he stays home. :P

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of these WC kids don't want to leave weather paradise and beauty for hot/cold and distance from home when they can play in the PAC 12 and stay with what is comfortable to them.

A quick glance at last year's top kids in California and 10 of the 25 left coastal states. More than half stayed out west but that's a broad brush stroke.

But how many of those 10 left the PAC 12?

A lot of these WC kids don't want to leave weather paradise and beauty for hot/cold and distance from home when they can play in the PAC 12 and stay with what is comfortable to them.

A quick glance at last year's top kids in California and 10 of the 25 left coastal states. More than half stayed out west but that's a broad brush stroke.

But how many of those 10 left the PAC 12?

• Mavric changed the title to WR Chase Cota [UCLA - Signed LOI]