Benning on Banker

I have thought about this topic a bit more and as some of you know I am a bad coach and have been a bad coach for a very long time. I plan to continue being bad at coaching for a long time. But I have had the chance, numerous times, to get people on my staff (ha) and more times than not I have brought in friends and/or people I felt comfortable with even if they were not the best "coaching" choice.

Once I brought it guys that were probably more coaching competent and it turned into the worst two seasons of my life.

Now, I wasn't getting paid what Riley gets paid but I can still see where he was coming from. I loved coaching with my buddies, loved it.

One of things I've found interesting is that there's some talk of '18 being exciting already.

Which I agree with whole-heartedly. I think we will be a top ten team, even with/especially because of the tough schedule. It also makes me think this year won't live up to the early hype but that we will likely be an 8 win team. Which I've always believed was fine as long as the excuses are out the door next year.

Cav isn't on the clock yet... He had a patch work, hobbled line last year and this is the first year his recruits will see action.

He's got another 2 years before his seat starts to warm.

Heck, Riley doesn't even have another two years if things go really bad this year.

Probably wrong in that assumption as well. Riley has at least two years based on last year's recruiting and this years'.

SE we'll give him a couple of years to develop talent... Something he proved he could do at Oregon State but hasn't had the time to do at Nebraska.

His recruiting has been less than impressive so far. SE loves SE more than he loves MR...if it comes down to it SE will save himself first...as we all would.

• Fire 3

Hindsight is 20/20, but Riley trusted the coaches he brought with him. It may have been a stroke of naivety in regards to someone like Banker, or perhaps he trusted Banker to do a better job than he was doing. It's difficult to speculate.

the guy was getting run off the field by big sky conference teams and he had worked with him for years he knows what he's capable of.

You are correct. There is no hindsight, MR worked with Banker for years. It says a lot about MR that he brought Banker to Lincoln.

Hindsight is 20/20, but Riley trusted the coaches he brought with him. It may have been a stroke of naivety in regards to someone like Banker, or perhaps he trusted Banker to do a better job than he was doing. It's difficult to speculate.

the guy was getting run off the field by big sky conference teams and he had worked with him for years he knows what he's capable of.

You are correct. There is no hindsight, MR worked with Banker for years. It says a lot about MR that he brought Banker to Lincoln.

Most fans seem to think or agree now that Banker was a bad hire, far more than when MR initially started. That's the hindsight.

• Fire 1

I have thought about this topic a bit more and as some of you know I am a bad coach and have been a bad coach for a very long time. I plan to continue being bad at coaching for a long time. But I have had the chance, numerous times, to get people on my staff (ha) and more times than not I have brought in friends and/or people I felt comfortable with even if they were not the best "coaching" choice.

Once I brought it guys that were probably more coaching competent and it turned into the worst two seasons of my life.

Now, I wasn't getting paid what Riley gets paid but I can still see where he was coming from. I loved coaching with my buddies, loved it.

Worse than coachPowerT?

• Fire 1